IGNORED

modern bike geometry

7 minutes ago, throet said:

When I see somebody manualing on a Pole Machine, I'll believe this. 

This is exactly the reason I'm on my SC 5010. Modern geo, but short CS. I'm into low, slack and long front ends, but short CS. I'm not interested in any trail bike with CS over 17". I don't even think I'd be interested in long CS for a dedicated DH bike--I don't "need" that stability, and popping of ledges is just more fun when it's short. Maybe long CS on touring bike, but that's it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

IMHO, modern geo works, maybe not at the 5mph switchback heaven that we have here, but it works where any speed, flow, elevation change or actual fun is involved. 

Subjective. Give me all the ledgy, uphill switchbacks or give me death. If I want to ride something flowy, there are virtually endless flow trails all around called "roads." 

• Haha 1

I know... I know...

But it's all there in black and white...

The Cannonade Prophet was just way ahead of its time... Including adjustable geometry... Being able to easily take 27.5" wheels (and even 29")... And tapered forks.

Shoot... I guess "Prophet" was a really spot on name.

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.49.35 AM.png

Edited by RidingAgain
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, throet said:

When I see somebody manualing on a Pole Machine, I'll believe this. 

You can manual anything. Just have to stick your ass out like jagger😁

5 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

Subjective. Give me all the ledgy, uphill switchbacks or give me death. If I want to ride something flowy, there are virtually endless flow trails all around called "roads." 

Your preferences, and austin trails are an outlier, and are not driving mtb development.  If the industry reverts back to fully rigid misery machines, texas will be ground zero for the next retro bike bubble.

• Like 2