IGNORED

So where is everyone riding today?

GFisher

8 minutes ago, throet said:

Will be wet and a bit cool, but the sun is supposed to be shining! 

What is scary is the amount of 'covid' riders and hikers that will be out on ALL the trails once the sun is out, even though most stuff will be muddy AF. Hikers seem to be especially bad lately, it doesn't jack the trails as bad as tires but still isn't good especially when they go around muddy spots. 

20 minutes ago, throet said:

Thinking about starting out the year right with a ride out at RPR tomorrow. Will be wet and a bit cool, but the sun is supposed to be shining! 

RPR tomorrow is a good option.

Tentative - Muleshoe on Saturday & maybe Pace Bend on Sunday if things stay dry and sunny.

9 minutes ago, TheX said:

We've been out on the trails all year.

HA! Me too. Not trying to go back down that rabbit hole with you. I was referring to the people that came out of the woodwork and bought a bike or started walking around the trails out of covid boredom and have no sense of muddy trails, how to know if/when they are dry, and/or don't give a crap.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, GFisher said:

the people that came out of the woodwork and bought a bike or started walking around the trails out of covid boredom and have no sense of muddy trails, how to know if/when they are dry, and/or don't give a crap.

Too many of them.

Trainerroad today I think.

Though I did a 27 mile sock ride yesterday.  Started dry and cloudy upper 60's.  I thought we'd get drizzle.  I didn't expect a downpour.  I was not wearing the right glove and needed a base layer.  Was supposed to be 60+ miles ride.  It was an interesting ride home, riding down Adirondack amid white waters, taking shelter at First Honda, annoyed at how noisy these Shimano brakes are when wet. It was an adventure and that was awesome for me.

Edited by AntonioGG
  • Like 1

Wahoo kick’r for me. The next outdoor ride I’ll probably get in will be Monday on my day off and expecting conditions to be amazing out at spider mountain, so I’ll finally use the gift card my wife gave me for Christmas in 2019!

25 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Though I did a 27 mile sock ride yesterday.  Started dry and cloudy upper 60's.  I thought we'd get drizzle.  I didn't expect a downpour.  I was not wearing the right glove and needed a base layer.  Was supposed to be 60+ miles ride.  It was an interesting ride home, riding down Adirondack amid white waters, taking shelter at First Honda, annoyed at how noisy these Shimano brakes are when wet. It was an adventure and that was awesome for me.

Nice! Very ballsy. I was just happy to get in a walk around the 'hood. I had ridden 9 days in a row, so I am fine chilling a couple days.

• Like 1

Seems like RPR is gonna be busy tomorrow. I generally go there on NY day for some reason. Generally isn't too bad. Last yr for NY i rode SN instead. Maybe if I had kept tradition and rode RPR like normal this past year would have different

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

Currently watching endless Youtube videos about places I want to visit some day. Barcelona looks pretty interesting. Accompanied the viewing with a coffee donut from Wheatsville and some cheap whiskey.

Yeah I may not make it on the trainer today.  Just enjoyed a cup of coffee while eating a beef pot pie from Tiny Pies (OMG so good!) and reading Texas Monthly from a few months back.  It may be a late ride for me, needed since I haven't ridden much this week.

• Like 1