IGNORED

So where is everyone riding today?

GFisher

29 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Many Austin parks have plastic foot covers that can be used inside shoes (over socks). They are in green dispensers at the trailhead 😉

I find these conveniently left all over the trail as well, but I never bother to pick up a pair. people must get cold feet easily because I find them out there year-round.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mack_turtle said:

I find these conveniently left all over the trail as well, but I never bother to pick up a pair. people must get cold feet easily because I find them out there year-round.

If you're lucky, sometimes the soft cushioning inside is still warm.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Many Austin parks have plastic foot covers that can be used inside shoes (over socks). They are in green dispensers at the trailhead 😉

The ones with fresh poop in them can be used as hand warmers.  When I had dogs that I used to be able to take on-leash to trails, that was a benefit of packing it out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GFisher said:

I occasionally consider asking hikers with poop bags if I can have it (mainly to get their reaction) not sure what happens next though. 😁

I am really glad when seeing someone carrying one though.

All these years later, and I still have no idea why they go through the trouble of bagging the poop just to leave it somewhere along the trail.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheX said:

All these years later, and I still have no idea why they go through the trouble of bagging the poop just to leave it somewhere along the trail.

Or tie it to a tree. 

But it occurs to me that they want to look like they're doing the right thing--and they certainly don't want to be caught doing the wrong thing. They pull the bag out and take it with them. If no one sees their dog doing their businesses, they just leave it as it falls. And if someone sees it, they go through the motions of bagging. But they can't be arsed to tote it back with them to the garbage, so they just throw it down when they're alone again. Anyway, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Barry said:

Or tie it to a tree. 

But it occurs to me that they want to look like they're doing the right thing--and they certainly don't want to be caught doing the wrong thing. They pull the bag out and take it with them. If no one sees their dog doing their businesses, they just leave it as it falls. And if someone sees it, they go through the motions of bagging. But they can't be arsed to tote it back with them to the garbage, so they just throw it down when they're alone again. Anyway, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. 

I can't think of any other reason, but SO MANY people do it. They probably leave their shopping carts where then can roll into other peoples cars too.

37 minutes ago, Barry said:

Or tie it to a tree. 

I was riding past the BCGB trailhead around xmas and some guy was letting his dog take a HUGE shit while he chatted with his girlfriend. Then he started to just walk away to go start his hike. Lots of people around. I screamed "HEY, your dog just took a huge shit." Everyone turned around. He said "yeah, I am gonna get that on the way out" (even though he would be walking right past the garbage cans. So I said "it might be cooler if you do that NOW." Grudgingly he turned around, cleaned it up and threw it out. Probably ruined his whole hike.

It was worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

I was riding past the BCGB trailhead around xmas and some guy was letting his dog take a HUGE shit while he chatted with his girlfriend. Then he started to just walk away to go start his hike. Lots of people around. I screamed "HEY, your dog just took a huge shit." Everyone turned around. He said "yeah, I am gonna get that on the way out" (even though he would be walking right past the garbage cans. So I said "it might be cooler if you do that NOW." Grudgingly he turned around, cleaned it up and threw it out. Probably ruined his whole hike.
It was worth it.
That's great.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk