IGNORED

Dana Peak at Stillhouse Hollow Lake

The Tip

Barry nailed it. I may park over on the Stillhouse Park side next time but I am less sure of the parking situation when the park is closed. Looks pretty limited using Street View. It would shave about 10 minutes driving each way for me though. Ideally I would park somewhere in the middle as I typically only carry 1 water bottle but it looks to be all private residential.

Edited by GFisher
  • Like 1

My wife and I rode there two days. She doesn't like challenging stuff. So she was happy here because there is a lot of cross country yet scenic trail west of the campgrounds. The more interesting stuff was between the two parks east of the campgrounds. We found a couple of fun trails but it was above her pay grade.

There were a lot of people there, a popular place for sure. I found out they have a specific to Dana Peak group that stewards the trails. There is a lot of signage. There are a couple of jump lines. 

It's an interesting place. I am looking forward to the April event there. It is going to work out great. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went up there a few weeks ago for a change of pace. Parked at the marina and went up the road and through the gate on the left. Rode in and was very surprised how much and how fun the trails were on that side. As it got flatter and closer to the lake there was a huge uptick in hikers and people. A local husband and wife said it was their local trail and locals tend to stay and ride on the marina side (dont know if that's the west or east end tbh) the terrain is different and hikers thus dont bother. MtB Project has great maps of it all. My way back i found a trail that ended up next to the gate house on the road leading back to the marina.
Across the road above the marina is newish trail. I talked to a dude parked next to me and he said behind the bath room building is a trail that winds around a few miles and crosses the road up by the gate house. But seems to me the normal entrance where it should start gets a ton more traffic then the end I was at.cd0e0a4ecb7e013cc63e0ce126ef2dad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I moved to Belton a few weeks ago and I'm planning to check out Dana Peak for the first time on Saturday. Based on Trailforks and YouTube, it seems like there is a good mix of trails, so I'm hoping it'll be my new "go to" since it's only about 20 minutes from my house. BLORA is closer, but my 1 trip there since we moved was not very exciting or entertaining...