IGNORED

Made in the USA?

MikeyG

25 minutes ago, gdog-1992 said:

Just noticed this but yes Batteries Plus takes old batteries.  They take all single-use batteries and most rechargeable batteries (apparently some Li-Ion batteries they won't take).  They gave me a discount coupon for my next purchase there as well.

What were the costs (if any)? Their website doesn't have any cost details.

1 hour ago, GFisher said:

What were the costs (if any)? Their website doesn't have any cost details.

that website is terrible. as someone whose job it is to teach the public about topics like recycling, I find that the COA recycling information is a terrible example. earlier in this discussion, I got something terribly wrong because they don't specify jack about recycling batteries.

42 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

that website is terrible. as someone whose job it is to teach the public about topics like recycling, I find that the COA recycling information is a terrible example. earlier in this discussion, I got something terribly wrong because they don't specify jack about recycling batteries.

Yeah, I am mostly concerned with battery packs like from an old drill or cycling lights. It seems they may take those.

Things need to be easier to recycle in general, getting rid of an old tube tv and (microwave more recently) was an ordeal. Not surprising to see tvs dumped on the side of the road (I would never do that). Being in unincorporated WILCO I had to use CoA for the tv and City of RR for the microwave. Either could have turned me away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GFisher said:

Yeah, I am mostly concerned with battery packs like from an old drill or cycling lights. It seems they may take those.

Things need to be easier to recycle in general, getting rid of an old tube tv and (microwave more recently) was an ordeal. Not surprising to see tvs dumped on the side of the road (I would never do that). Being in unincorporated WILCO I had to use CoA for the tv and City of RR for the microwave. Either could have turned me away.

Maybe I'm getting too old but did we discuss power tool batteries above?  Home Depot used to take those.  The other option is to have the battery shop rebuilt it for you.

I remember I had to pay to dispose of the last CRT monitors I had.  The 32" Magnavox tube TV was still working so I put it on the curb with a "working/trabaja" sign and it got picked up but that was 15 years ago.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Not bike parts, but I've been shopping for a better fitting set of bibs and Voler is one of the options.  They're made in the USA.

https://www.voler.com/connect/about

Voler makes excellent riding wear. I have a drawer full of the stuff. My wife just got me these. 

https://www.bn3th.com/products/north-shore-bike-chamois-black

They seem to be made really well. I haven't had a chance to try them yet on the bike yet but did try them on and they're pretty comfortable just wearing. The problem I find with riding shorts is the crushing of your junk.

• Like 2

It seems incredibly difficult to find component parts these days, let alone anything made in USA. I placed orders with 4 different suppliers today to get just some of what I need right now. Even ended up having to order different size brake rotors from 2 different sources. Ended up paying full price for a new fork, which was painful. Had hoped to at least use a WorldWide Cyclery coupon I had for 10% off, which would have been significant savings, but they had it labeled as a special order item, meaning they would let you know after receiving your order when to expect the item. Hope we return to a more competitive marketplace soon.    

3 minutes ago, throet said:

It seems incredibly difficult to find component parts these days.

it's going to get worse. all the delays and higher costs are going to make everything go up in price as well. Santa Cruz and several other companies just announced price bumps around 10% to cover all their additional costs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1