IGNORED

SATN Trash Pickup

TAF

Let's give this a go, since people are already starting to sign up. I'm no Google Maps expert, but I was able to pull in a gpx I have of the Southies, and add a new pin at the underpass at Williamson Creek and Brodie. The photo I tested with is not of that spot, btw.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1nR_plAj1uMxeI7XoA_Im3bR0-_F1gwY8&usp=sharing

Can others see and add to this map? Maybe add your user name if you are volunteering for a particular spot?

Edited by TAF
Figured out Google Maps
  • Like 1

OMG! There's a huge fire ant bed underneath Brodie!  😄

So yes, I was able to open it and see the test picture and location. But I couldn't figure out how to drop my own pin. Which I imagine, for me, would be even more difficult to do if it involved adding the picture of the problem at the spot I wanted to pin.

Great idea here by the way.

Is it worth getting the Bowie Bulldogs involved? That’s a lot of bodies, right there.

These are their home trails, they have a trailer, and there are a lot of them. Sounds like they definitely should be involved. Having kids there also shows that we’re not all cranky old farts (no offense TAF).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There is a new trail called Flow Daddy, which goes east from Mopac along Wmson Creek on the north side and then crosses over it three times before joining into the already-existing trail there.  I'd say about 1/5th of the way in, you skirt by a homeless camp.   The builders noticed it wasn't used much, if at all, but there is a shit ton of garbage and leftovers there.  The trail doesn't show on your map, but the trash there needs to be addressed...it's bad.

And this is a great idea...you're right, great PR for riders.  I've got some other ideas I'll be adding soon...

Edited by 2112Greg

38 minutes ago, 2112Greg said:

There is a new trail called Flow Daddy, which goes east from Mopac along Wmson Creek on the north side and then crosses over it three times before joining into the already-existing trail there.  I'd say about 1/5th of the way in, you skirt by a homeless camp.   The builders noticed it wasn't used much, if at all, but there is a shit ton of garbage and leftovers there.  The trail doesn't show on your map, but the trash there needs to be addressed...it's bad.

And this is a great idea...you're right, great PR for riders.  I've got some other ideas I'll be adding soon...

Drop a pin on it!

3 hours ago, The Tip said:

I don't see a pin on Flow Daddy but now there's a red pin behind the Valero. There is no trash at that trail head.  So, ??

I put the pin at the Valero - has someone been in and cleaned that section?

10 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

There is a ton of trash along the treeline at the south end of Bambi. it's blown in from Slaughter Lane and the parking lot around Taco Bell, etc. not much of it in the trails, just roadside litter that stops at the trees.

I don't know where most of these named sections are - relying on you guys to drop pins on the Google map - please let me know if you're having tech issues with that. There's a good chance you need to be logged in to a Google account to edit the map.

50 minutes ago, TAF said:

I don't know where most of these named sections are - relying on you guys to drop pins on the Google map - please let me know if you're having tech issues with that. There's a good chance you need to be logged in to a Google account to edit the map.

On the map of your link, my "C" initial Google icon thing is in the upper right corner. When I click on that it pops up with a "manage your Google account" drop down. So that shows me I am indeed logged in. When I open another window and open a Google map, I can drop a pin on it.

So I am at a loss about the above map.

I am thinking the problem spots will have great piles of trash. Results of former homeless camps. I guess I haven't noticed generally trashy areas as much like Mack Turtle is talking about behind Backspin/Chipotle.

Edited by The Tip

Okie dokie, I had the meeting about the trails around Slaughter Creek with the city this morning. I brought this idea up saying it would be great to have dumpster or pick-up point for us. "That is a great idea. But right now because of the pandemic the city is not allowing any volunteer work."

We can wait to do this then? 

On 2/12/2021 at 12:51 PM, The Tip said:

>because of the pandemic it's a great excuse the city is not allowing any volunteer work."

I say we just proceed without em, and dump all the garbage on the steps of Street & Bridge. I think they are out on 183 at Harold Court.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...