IGNORED

Gnarmor - Locally made Frame protection

Seths Pool

Hey everyone, 

Check out this #gnarmored Santa cruz Hightower. Full rear triangle and/or downtube protection. Carbon, fear rocks no more. 

Also a devinci django, and the rear triangle of a transition sentinel I did last night.

For anyone who saw me and my primer last weekend at the flat creek enduro, that was a very quick loose job and was not a quality representation of my work. Any job I do for you will be on point. 

Contact me to get your bike done, and more information. Quick turn around times until orders stack up. if you have a particular frame/bike that I have pre-made completed kits for (very select models), I can just sell you the kit ready to install. Otherwise I would just need you to drop off your bike for a day or so.

full protection kits weigh only an average of 200g. they are lightweight, sleek, very low profile, and provide unmatched protection to what is currently available in the market. If you have a carbon bike, you should be all over this as much as Texas terrain likes to eat carbon for lunch. frame protection tape may help against scratches, but is virtually useless against crashes or impacts. Gnarmor protects against both. 

I can offer full bike protection, or whatever combination you’d like. Priced accordingly.

Thank you! Hit me up!

IMG_9497.thumb.JPG.629d47227a928edfbd1a13a916fa9525.JPG

IMG_9446.JPG

IMG_9447.JPG

IMG_9448.JPG

IMG_9449.JPG

IMG_9450.JPG

IMG_9453.JPG

IMG_9470.JPG

IMG_9472.JPG

IMG_9474.JPG

IMG_9475.JPG

IMG_9476.JPG

• Like 1

yuck..

That is some bad looking protection.  None of it fits tight, los of dirt and debris will get in between the protection and the frame and scratch it all to hell.  None of that is thick enough to really provide any serious impact protection.  I would take it all off and just use 3M clear bra protector.

4 hours ago, Ericbike6 said:

yuck..

That is some bad looking protection.  None of it fits tight, los of dirt and debris will get in between the protection and the frame and scratch it all to hell.  None of that is thick enough to really provide any serious impact protection.  I would take it all off and just use 3M clear bra protector.

I cant tell if you're just trolling or actually meaning what you say. 

what do you mean it doesnt fit tight?? it exactly molded to the frame and has zero movement without any fasteners or adhesives... did you not just watch that quick clip I posted? and how, much tighter do you want it to be? its like direct contact with the frame. 

additionally - I have been running these guards on a few bikes for over a full season now and haven't had any issues with debris getting stuck between the guards and frame. especially the rear triangle, never had that problem whatsoever. one bike (the very first one to ever have these guards) did have a loosely fitting downtube guard which did periodically accumulate a little dirt down there but was effortlessly removed by just taking it off and cleaning the bike as on should do semi regularly anyway. but the fitment is tighter now and should be even less of an issue

to each their own though! haters gonna hate. good luck with the tape.

Edited by Seths Pool

9 hours ago, Ericbike6 said:

yuck..

Amazing that you can tell all that from some pics. 

9 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Sorry if I missed it, but what is it made of? What type of material?

so the material is .06 Kydex plastic. heated and molded to be exact clip on fit for carbon fiber bike frames

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kydex

so early last year, some of you may remember from bike mojo, when my 2016 intense carbine 29 upper pivot linkage bolt stripped out of the frame the day before an enduro race...  I borrowed a demo 2017 intense recluse from the Peddler Bike Shop in Cedar park, and took at to DFW area for a kodiak tough Enduro race that weekend. On my 3rd stage at the race a rock flew up off my front tire and bashed the living hell out of my downtube, right at the bend where it flattens out to go to the bottom bracket. layers of carbon were fraying, it was borderline catastrophically damaged and I hadn't even ridden it for more than 45 minutes, and I didn't even own it! long story short I ended up buying that bike and loved it to death, but it got me thinking about how poorly done the factory downtube protection is for the huge majority of carbon frames out there. only a very few brands seem to make pretty good factory rubber downtube protection there. and the downtube, and rear triangle (most notably chain stays) seems to be by far the most common places for destroyed carbon frames from impacts. you should see some of the downtube repair jobs my good friend Krys Brown does at his #CrackedCarbonRepair company. I just grabbed a few from his website to give examples posted below.

I started brainstorming, came up with the idea of using kydex, but didnt really know how it would work out in execution. I looked on craigslist and found a guy that was making custom gun holsters for sale in Georgetown. I contacted him, talked about my idea, and brought a few bikes to him and thats how it all started. That individual has since moved to north of jarrel which is inconvenient, which then lead me to buy all of the required equipment to start doing this myself. not to toot my own horn but I've actually gotten the technique, process, and workflow down really really well in a very short time. the guards are molding very well, lines are clean, fitment is tight, gaurd  movement is non existent or very minimal. Im ready for production.

it a super small investment that will save your frame from preventable damage. both minor and catastrophic. Carbon is great and all but is a very vulnerable material. especially in Texas where we have loose and jagged rocks literally everywhere.

so yeah...... thats the story

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 6.33.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 6.33.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 6.33.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 6.32.32 AM.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RidingAgain said:

Good for you, Seth... Respect for getting something like this going. Product development and marketing is not as simple as many people think. All the best for the successs of your undertaking.

thanks man, I appreciate it! and you are totally correct, its not easy. and people are stubborn until AFTER they break their shit, or see some pro using it, suddenly they have to have it. lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

1.) it was a baseball bat

2.) the frame will do better with it then without it I can promise you that

You do know that "then" and "than" are different words, each with its own unique application, right? (maybe you are doing voice to text and it is messing this up, but it seemed worth mentioning) :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Ridenfool

19 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

Awe shucks, you're welcome! Always willing to "drop" a little gnarledge into a thread if it may be helpful. :classic_dry:

well if thats the only drops you are doing, rock on grammar shredder! work with what you got. lol

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bamwa said:

Man that is a Grateful Dead quote for sure. Have you heard 5/7/77? Jerry was so on. All the boys were.

I'll have to look for that one. First one was in 82, Poplar Creek in the suburbs of Chicago. Most of my dozen or so shows were Alpine Valley in East Troy, WI. And tapers did tape.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Seths Pool said:

"it got me thinking about how poorly done the factory downtube protection is for the huge majority of carbon frames out there"

When YOU are riding them! :-)

Without slogging through the entire thread, though, how do we get our hands on some of this stuff?