IGNORED

Power outage BS

mack_turtle

Luckily - Kept power thru this, but water went out on Tues.  Had to run to Lowes and do some digging to fix it.  Shut off everything not essential.  Also luckily - we are on gas, so furnace/stove/kitchen/hot water heater still live.  I'm with Barry - this has seriously dented my Bourbon supply.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, natas1321 said:

Been lucky so far with electricity and water, hope it stays that way. Everything is a mess with all the snow and ice melting.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Same here. We've had absolutely zero interruption of any utilities throughout this mess. Feel lucky but at the same time kind of guilty given what others have had to deal with. My biggest dilemma right now is finding milk! Had to resort to Almond Milk - so will see how well that goes with my cereal in the morning.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, throet said:

My biggest dilemma right now is finding milk! Had to resort to Almond Milk - so will see how well that goes with my cereal in the morning.  

That's an upgrade! I have never liked milk, but love almond milk. Unsweetened/unflavored.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, throet said:

We've had absolutely zero interruption of any utilities throughout this mess. Feel lucky but at the same time kind of guilty given what others have had to deal with. 

Knock wood really quickly! We were thinking that way last night so that is obviously the reason ours went this morning. lol

• Sad 1

Same here. We've had absolutely zero interruption of any utilities throughout this mess. Feel lucky but at the same time kind of guilty given what others have had to deal with. My biggest dilemma right now is finding milk! Had to resort to Almond Milk - so will see how well that goes with my cereal in the morning.  
Yeah I'm not a fan of almond milk, but I can do coconut milk. Luckily I usually have a few gallons of milk on hand as I go through at least a half gallon a day.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did almond milk for a while but then read about water issues in California.  I pretty much stopped eating cereal once I found out I'm lactose intolerant. I get hemp milk now (also unsweetened/unflavored) which is really nothing like milk at all and I mostly only use it to eat cookies with or for a smoothie.  For coffee, if you must have a latte or cappuccino you must try Barista Oat milk.  My wife can do dairy but she still prefers this milk on her cappuccinos.  It microfoams very well.

BTW, how do they milk the almonds?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

I should probably consider which one is more disastrous for the environment, but that's a slippery slope.

I must be heartless, that never mattered to me. The only reason I want a Tesla is because of the performance. I have no desire to argue about, or care about the environmental impact.

Used to drink milk daily, now just one day on the weekend when we make breakfast. Same time I have bacon or sausage. Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Almond "milk" is a misnomer. It's juice and there has been an effort to force a designation change.  Almonds require almost one gallon of water per nut, with domestic production coming from a state like CA that is usually on fire. We even stopped buying whole almonds because of the water consumption. Sucks because smoked almonds are bad ass 

Do like some 2% goat milk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, throet said:

My wife went to Sprouts looking for milk and came back empty, saying all they had was goat's milk! I would have definitely given that a try. 

https://meyenberg.com/products/low-fat-goat-milk

That's a good gateway milk and usually available at sprouts,  central market and whole paycheck.

Wife and I were drinking this back in utah before just deciding to cut back on dairy.

https://www.smithbrothersfarms.com/12-gal-acidophilus-1

*Bonus

Still have water and electricity!

• Like 1

So out again today looking for milk and BINGO! My wife insisted that I follow that truck for as long as we needed to get some damn milk. Luckily when she saw that IHOP was open she opted for some pancakes instead, and 3 milks to go for the win!

image.thumb.png.4e8c734fd2539d027b25e5abf6afab88.png

Edited by throet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1