IGNORED

Hill of Life Downhill Feb. 28

mack_turtle

38 minutes ago, CBaron said:

The parking situation alone will be enough to hyper-inflame the neighborhood!

-CJB

Those were also my first thoughts. Parking there is touch & go already 

Sounds like people with a little too much time on their hands, and lacking a bit of impulse control. 

Edited by ATXZJ

4 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

https://www.bikereg.com/hill-of-life-downhill

I am confused. how does one host a downhill contest on a trail that is open to the public?

EVERYONE -

so this is NOT HAPPENING and is NOT REAL or SANCTIONED by PARD.

do not sign up for this. I just kicked a 15 year old kid named Rhett off of Victory Racing Team for this and apparently his is ACTUALLY trying to make it happen. 

so just to clear the air this is NOT associated with my company/team Victory Racing in any way whatsoever. but the kid pursuing this used to and no longer wears a VRT jersey

im glad I saw this. it will be handled appropriately 

the story for anyone who would like to read it - 

Rhett (formerly one of our grom 15yr old racers on VRT) messaged me with a big excited message around 2 weeks about how Victory Racing should have a DH race at the HOL, and that he had *already* gotten approval from PARD via email. I replied "that sounds amazing but I want to forward that email conversation with you and PARD before actually planning anything." days go by and I never received that email forward. I asked him where it was and then he reveals that he had merely sent a single email about it and assumed the response would be quick and likely an approval 🤣 (LMFAO GTFOH)

I explained its not gonna likely happen, end of conversation 

then yesterday I see on his instagram story that he is gonna hold a bandit DH race at HOL 2/28. I promptly had a messenger conversation with him about why he can not and will not do this. and formally removed him from Victory Racing Team for a combination of reasons. This being a big one.

and now I log in here after not being on the boards for a long while and see this post very first thing. LOL

this stuff writes itself I swear haha

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

however, until he drops the plans, it could still kind of happen. a small number of jackwagons might show up to "race" down HOL, clobbering a few old people and dogs in the process and suddenly bicycles are not allowed in BCGB. if he was not a minor, I'd recommend an ass-kicking. I think he'll learn.

Edited by mack_turtle

4 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

however, until he drops the plans, it could still kind of happen. a small number of jackwagons might show up to "race" down HOL, clobbering a few old people and dogs in the process and suddenly bicycles are not allowed in BCGB. if he was not a minor, I'd recommend an ass-kicking. I think he'll learn.

edit: the event has been removed from BikeReg.

I just texted his mom also.

stay tuned maybe him getting his little ass whipped by his mama will end up on YouTube 

LOL

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

this kid needs to join the BMX scene. in my day, we did shady stuff all the time and no one cared. build a bunch fo crappy ramps out of particle board and jump over smashed cars while drunk? no problem!

Speaking of, I noticed quite the crowd of skaters at that drainage ditch between NB and SB MOPAC, I think south of Slaughter.  It looked like a perfect pool type place!  There were several hanging out then I noticed several more skating on the road to get there.  It was very cool to see.  I wondered of BMXers also used that ditch.

41 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Speaking of, I noticed quite the crowd of skaters at that drainage ditch between NB and SB MOPAC, I think south of Slaughter.  It looked like a perfect pool type place!  There were several hanging out then I noticed several more skating on the road to get there.  It was very cool to see.  I wondered of BMXers also used that ditch.

There were some little concrete parking blocks installed in that ditch the last time I rode through. Everything in there is too small to be exciting for even 20" bikes. Good place to mess around, but there are better ditches nearby for that sort of thing.

• Like 1