IGNORED

Goodwater

I'm not sure why, but I've been wanting to ride out there before it gets too crazy hot. I'm just looking for a start point where I can do a decent out and back. I'm a little familiar with the Cedar Breaks, but looking for any recommendations on where I can start at that isn't endless cheese grater?

Start at Camp Tejas and head out clockwise. This will give you about ~5 miles of easy double and single track to warm up on before you start the techy climb up to Russel Park. The climb up to Russel is a bit challenging and is close to the cheese grateriness of the south side but is fairly short, maybe a mile long. The section between Russel and Jim Hogg is my favorite. It’s got a little bit of everything and isn’t nearly as cheese gratery as the south side of the lake. 

Edited by WLemke
  • Like 2

If I’m doing a full lap, I always start and Cedar Breaks and go CW. This gets the most gnarly part out of the way when I’m fresh. I also get to finish my victory lap on the dam.

If I was going CCW, I’d probably start at Hogg or Russell. Coming out of Tejas, you have an easy few miles no matter what and I think that lulls you into a “...This is going to be easy” mindset that is destined to be crushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2