IGNORED

The vaccine

mack_turtle

31 minutes ago, Chief said:

Humans suck.

I got covid not because of some asshat not wearing a mask or because I wasn't wearing a mask. How I got covid was from my wife who works in a rehabilitation hospital. She entered a patients room, she was wearing her mask but the patient had no mask and had not been tested for covid. Turns out the patient was positive and infected my wife even though she had a mask on.

The idea that we live in the society that we can't hurt peoples feelings by the things we say but yet continue to try and assert our perceived civil rights is insane.

My point to this being that wearing a mask doesn't protect you it protects the people around you if you're walking around with asymptomatic/undiagnosed COVID. 

These assholes that are trying to assert their perceived civil rights are the same assholes that are crying about getting their feelings hurt by something someone said or posted to social media.

We think that all this PC bullshit is making us a more civil society but it's not.

Fuck the human race! Bring on the asteroid!

P.S. The common flu has been non existent this year. Can anyone guess why? Because of wearing masks.

I agree with this statement months ago! If this happened recently I think there are a few other questions I'd like to ask to clarify the situation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, throet said:

I was going to bring this up as well - quite telling. While it is a testament to mask wearing, social distancing, etc, it shouldn't be viewed as a substitute for getting an annual flu vaccine. The reality is that less than half of Americans get a flu vaccine each year, and they are likely the ones who spread it when not forced to wear masks and social distance.   

^100%^

I was going to bring this up as well - quite telling. While it is a testament to mask wearing, social distancing, etc, it shouldn't be viewed as a substitute for getting an annual flu vaccine. The reality is that less than half of Americans get a flu vaccine each year, and they are likely the ones who spread it when not forced to wear masks and social distance.   

That and people washing their freaking hands. Damn large office building communal bathrooms with talking on their phones not washing their hands peckerheads have gotten me sick several times. And that’s after getting the flu shot every year for 20+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Chongo Loco said:

That and people washing their freaking hands. Damn large office building communal bathrooms with talking on their phones not washing their hands peckerheads have gotten me sick several times. And that’s after getting the flu shot every year for 20+ years.

Does everyone have "THAT GUY" at the office, the one that comes out the stall and doesn't wash his hands?  That's when I stopped eating the communal snacks our admin puts out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

My last office over at riata/183 shared a floor with a 2 shift data center full of shower sandal wearing just fell out of bed messed up hair millennials. Regularly saw Sneezing coughing scratching their nuts while on the phone not washing their dirty hands youngsters. Hated having to use the bathrooms. Our suite the admins ran a tight ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chongo Loco said:

full of shower sandal wearing just fell out of bed messed up hair millennials. Regularly saw Sneezing coughing scratching their nuts while on the phone not washing their dirty hands youngsters

Every time I see these types, I just think.........and you wonder why you can't get laid. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cafeend said:

I honestly don't think they care like we did at their age

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Man, I think you're right. That was the main motivation when I was a teen/young adult to get a job, car and move out. Wife and I were running wild in streets as kids, and we just look at our kids and shake our heads. They have a totally different mindset now, and think we're crazy for pushing them to go out and take risks. When did the kids lead less exciting lives then their parents? Strange days.

I digress.

Edited by ATXZJ

Folks like The X and others who don't like 'being told' what to do, are basically playing a percentage game - whether they know it or not, or whether they like it or not. Something like 1 in 20 cases of Covid are 'long Covid' - months long, recurring attacks, often resulting in scarred lung tissue and reduced lung capacity. As a cyclist, is this a chance you want to take? I'll happily wear a mask to increase my odds in the C-19 Percentage Game.

I have a friend who is a public school art teacher in Indiana. based on his telling, Indiana has been particularly careless with their teachers. he wanted to be cautious and work remotely or with small, distanced class sizes. Indiana teachers were apparently not given that option, threatened to strike, and were promptly put down. Indiana sacrificed it's teachers. he went to work in conditions that were against his better judgement and got Covid. he's had brain fog and headaches and limited lung capacity for MONTHS. he's a competitive weight lifter (he's a giant of a dude) and I don't think that will ever be the same. (Imagine having an Art teacher who is nearly 6 and a half feet tall and dead-lifts 500 pounds.)

however, he's finally been vaxxed and he says the symptoms are abating. that's welcome news! but the fact that his employers were reckless with his life is still disturbing. we'll be recovering all the effects of "long covid" for decades.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

There have been a bunch of cases where the vaccine helped those people with the lingering hangover of having covid. Not enough research yet on the actual efficacy but enough observations from the medical field to bring hope to the long haulers.

I had one extended family member die and two people I know had to relearn how to walk. Anyone that downplays this thing is doing a major disservice to society.

Holy shit, if you want the most nerve-wracking COVID escapade, go buy a car.

The car buying process is a nightmare to begin with, and even though the wife is 100% vaccinated and I am 50%, and we were both well masked, car dealerships feel like a den of covid. Nobody is wearing masks right, we said we wanted to do the whole transaction outside and they *accommodated* us, but they were acting like "why are we having to do it this way". Inside the dealership people had their masks down and then when someone came in they would pull them up. Yeah, that is not how it is supposed to work. Everyone was doing the dicknose with their masks.

Ugh, so glad that it over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Holy shit, if you want the most nerve-wracking COVID escapade, go buy a car.

The car buying process is a nightmare to begin with, and even though the wife is 100% vaccinated and I am 50%, and we were both well masked, car dealerships feel like a den of covid. Nobody is wearing masks right, we said we wanted to do the whole transaction outside and they *accommodated* us, but they were acting like "why are we having to do it this way". Inside the dealership people had their masks down and then when someone came in they would pull them up. Yeah, that is not how it is supposed to work. Everyone was doing the dicknose with their masks.

Ugh, so glad that it over.

That's the car business

One of the dealers we service currently has almost the entire staff out with covid. Only the porter and service manager are left.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

We got our second dose of Pfiser last night. My arm is sore at the jab site and I feel a minor headache. my wife got on her laptop for work for a few hours and then crashed in bed with a migraine. seems like we'll be past the worst of it by the end of the day.

My 2nd of Moderna put me out of commission all Saturday.  It felt like the Flu (real flu not a cold) as far as body and joint aches (wrists, fingers, forearms, back, kidney area--but that could have been from being on the couch all day).  Lasted about 12 hours.  No fever most of the day though temp did increase a bit toward the end before everything waned.  Woke up feeling normal the next day.  I had actually been worried earlier Saturday thinking maybe I got a bad vaccine b/c I wasn't feeling anything.  So getting the symptoms was a relief!

• Like 3

Found out yesterday, i was within 4-5ft of two people infected with covid on friday & monday. It was outdoors-ish in a bodyshop with all the doors open and fans on. Got my 1st pfizer shot two days before, on saturday. Gonna stay home and avoid any additional contact until the window for a test opens up this saturday. 

party on😒

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

We got our second dose of Pfiser last night. My arm is sore at the jab site and I feel a minor headache. my wife got on her laptop for work for a few hours and then crashed in bed with a migraine. seems like we'll be past the worst of it by the end of the day.

Get my second jab of Pfizer on Saturday down in San Antonio (Go Germany!). Hoping a migraine is all I have to worry about. Regardless of what it is, I will be happy to be done.

Edited by AustinBike

20 hours ago, GFisher said:

Thanks for doing the right thing! It certainly isn't always easy doing your part.

Thanks. I'd just feel freaking guilty if I got someone sick and don't know what I'd do if someone died. F that.  It is a bit of a drag as I'm self employed and when I'm not working, I'm not earning. So far, so good though and it's given me a chance to finish up some projects around the house😆

*Update to an earlier post where I mentioned that nearly everyone at a dealership got covid. GM was hospitalized and things didn't look good for him but he seemed to have made it through. He is coming home today to spend an undetermined amount of time on oxygen. Rest are back to work this week and seem to be okay.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 3

for anyone who's following, I got Pfiser # 2 Tuesday night. I was fine for a little over 12 hours, then I crashed for a while yesterday afternoon. just took a nap for about 90 minutes. minor chilly feeling, then sweating. felt achy since then. aside from the four hours or so that I felt crappier, this is not much worse than seasonal allergies I get. I should be 100% by Saturday for Castell Grind!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chief said:

I get stabbed tomorrow don't know which vaccine though. Would prefer the Pfizer but I'll take what I can get being what a shitshow this whole vaccination rollout has been.

The best vaccine that you can get is the first one they can put in your arm.