IGNORED

The vaccine

mack_turtle

On 4/4/2021 at 8:00 AM, ATXZJ said:

One of the dealers we service currently has almost the entire staff out with covid. Only the porter and service manager are left.

I have to drop my truck off to get some diagnosis done, and they are quoting me a 5-7 day turnaround time, as "a lot of people ae off sick" right now. Pretty sure I know what with, and I'll be wiping that interior down good and proper when I get it back.

• Like 2

I got my 2nd Moderna shot a couple days ago.  It knocked me the hell out for about 6 hours.  Like, I couldn't move and sweat and shivered and was nauseous and had ringing in my ears.  Then suddenly I felt better hour by hour.  By the end of the day I was only fatigued.  I went to bed early and woke up feeling totally normal and went on a hard ride later that afternoon and felt great.  So strange.  

I never got Covid that I'm aware of.  Being a public school teacher and in class from day one with a classroom full of kids I feel very lucky.  I can't wait to go give my Dad a HUGE hug.   

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Chief said:

Found out I'm getting the J&J shot. One and done!

Excellent. 

I just got back from SA, two and done, so we're on the same track. Check on the J&J waiting period, I think you might have a 30 day wait before you hit full effectiveness. The benefit of J&J is one shot, but the total time period is roughly the same whether it is one or two.

21 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

I think you might have a 30 day wait before you hit full effectiveness. The benefit of J&J is one shot, but the total time period is roughly the same whether it is one or two.

For @Chief J&J one shot is his booster.  I bet he's good to go 14 days after.  PhD, MPH with a sense of humor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Work up with a slightly sore arm and nothing else. Jab #2 is done. 7 days and the cake is baked, I can start riding in groups again. Oh, and all of that other stuff in life.

Give it a few hours before you commit to doing stuff today.  I woke up feeling fine roughly 20 hours after the shot then it slowly rolled up on me.

24 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

3-4 days after my second Pfizer shot and not a single issue. Arm was sore for about an hour. The biggest downside of the second shot was having to skip a beer on Saturday night. 

Made up for it since then.

I googled it, and said it was OK right after the shot, but may not be advisable once you get the flu-like symptoms.  So I had a beer the day of the shot, but was on my ass for the 2nd day.

Moderna Shot #2 tomorrow evening at the Stadium by Brushy. Hopefully it remains dry as I plan to do a moderate ride beforehand. I busted my arse this week in case I am down for the count Friday. I am far enough ahead at work that I do not plan to use PTO if I miss most (or all) of Friday. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I felt fine the day I got the J&J. Woke up next morning with chills and headache. Chills went away and some Tylenol helped the headache. Felt good enough to get a ride in. Got home from ride and was knocked on my ass, body aches, headache and mild fever. I didn't even get a fever when I had Covid. Injection site is still tender.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first shot in Marble Falls since I really didn't mind making that trip at the time, but didn't feel like going back there for my second shot. Oddly, BS&W wouldn't let me schedule my second shot at a different location; so I just canceled my appointment and got the second shot at CVS without any problem. Seems CVS and Randalls are the only providers I could find who were willing to administer the second shot when they didn't administer the first. Anyway, glad to be done with it and hopefully things will be smoother for the next pandemic. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

This might sound more normal than we hope it sounds for the rest of our lives.

Honestly, 2 administrations ago we actually spent a lot of time looking at situations like this and setting up plans. Then the last administration literally threw those plans out. The current administration may be boring and bland to many, but on the execution front, they are all over things.

I have confidence that a.) next time will be better and b.) we're gonna find out some really ugly things about how things were handled prior to Jan 20th.

All I know now is people are actually optimistic about things. Except in India, but then again Modi was in lock step with the last administration so no surprise there. It's sad how you can tie pandemic response outcomes to the leader and it all tracks fairly closely to how seriously they took things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

Honestly, 2 administrations ago we actually spent a lot of time looking at situations like this and setting up plans. Then the last administration literally threw those plans out. The current administration may be boring and bland to many, but on the execution front, they are all over things.

Those same players also determined that the gain of function studies they were doing in the USA were too dangerous and moved it to wuhan, china. That lab just so happened to be funded by the NIAIDS with guess who involved in the grants...........

you guessed it, fauci. 

Oh and yeah, India is proper fukt

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Those same players also determined that the gain of function studies they were doing in the USA were too dangerous and moved it to wuhan, china. That lab just so happened to be funded by the NIAIDS with guess who involved in the grants...........

you guessed it, fauci. 

Oh and yeah, India is proper fukt

Ah, if only that were true...

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/02/09/covid-dr-anthony-fauci-did-not-fund-research-tied-creation/4450338001/