IGNORED

Stan's on back up tube. Clean or launch straight to Hell?

Bamwa

20 minutes ago, TheX said:

Put sealant in the tube.

I think he meant while riding.  I personally do not carry sealant with me though I know some people may, but I do carry patches as my last resort.   Boot patches are also a problem, if you slash a tire that had sealant in it, the boot patch will not hold, so you have to figure out a way to make sure the patch stays in place until you can get air in it.

18 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

What's a tube?

One of the last times I tried to use one was when one of those pretty red valve stems broke off on the trail.  Then the tube I tried to use was rotted.  I think I had a back-up b/c that day I rode to the SATN from my house and I always carry a spare.  Before that (years!) was a cheese grater tire slash at Cedar Breaks, I used both my tubes and borrowed another to finish the lap.  So now I carry bacon strips and I know those will not save me from a slash, but I do carry a spare stem!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I think he meant while riding.  I personally do not carry sealant with me though I know some people may, but I do carry patches as my last resort.   Boot patches are also a problem, if you slash a tire that had sealant in it, the boot patch will not hold, so you have to figure out a way to make sure the patch stays in place until you can get air in it.

This.

No yall. My tube was pulled from the trash can at Monkeywrench after Joe didnt know how cheap I am. I was in need of a new spoke and valve which was cut from an old tube and finally gave out. The question is anyone OCD enough to spend two hours picking boogers off the temporary trail repair so I could keep getting smiles and not walk out of the forest like a chump. Walnut Forest. If so any tips? I've had the contanimated beyoch soaking in greenworks and water since morning. Should I warm it up in the microwave?

Edit: I mean he knows how cheap I am still riding a 3x9 mech brake Conzo where the big ring is missing half it's teeth and functioning as a bash guard/log slicer, but this conundrum is next level cheap. I'm talking $10 covid dollars here.

Edited by Bamwa
  • Haha 1