IGNORED

Guilty Confession Thread

Bamwa

5 hours ago, June Bug said:

Are these pedals       *pauses for dramatic effect, but not so long it's awkward*       FLAT PEDALS?

Oh yes, replacement set as I converted early last year. My trainer flats are being retired.

Now that I mention it, so is the bike. It will be re-tired when I put the pedals on. :classic_dry: Have some fresh tread to install as well.

The last song I hear before I get out of my car is the the soundtrack that rattles around my head all day on the ride. Last week I had Iggy Pop's "Lust for life" hit 1 minute from the trailhead. Score! But sometimes it is a slow song or something I don't like. That can create a crappy ride.

My guilty confession is that I have a USB memory key plugged into the car and I can use to do a last minute save to my internal soundtrack. But it is K-pop. Somehow it always seems to be Hyuna's "Bubble Pop." Can't understand 99% of the words, but by god I'll learn Korean one of these days. It's the perfect palate cleanser for the earworm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

My guilty confession is that I have a USB memory key plugged into the car and I can use to do a last minute save to my internal soundtrack. But it is K-pop. Somehow it always seems to be Hyuna's "Bubble Pop." Can't understand 99% of the words, but by god I'll learn Korean one of these days. It's the perfect palate cleanser for the earworm.

I cleanse my palate with circus music; it'll overwrite anything. Honestly, it's probably the most suitable soundtrack for my ride/life anyway.

• Like 1

Kid songs killed me. I can't tell you how many times perfectly good rides were ruined by some cartoon's theme song on repeat in my head. I don't wear headphones on every ride, but I do carry them just in case now. 

I had a single speed that I used to tow the kids around in a trailer. The eccentric bottom bracket creaked to the exact rhythm of "Down By the Bay."

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, notyal said:

Kid songs killed me. I can't tell you how many times perfectly good rides were ruined by some cartoon's theme song on repeat in my head. I don't wear headphones on every ride, but I do carry them just in case now. 

I had a single speed that I used to tow the kids around in a trailer. The eccentric bottom bracket creaked to the exact rhythm of "Down By the Bay."

You gotta just let it go. Let it go. Turn away and slam the door. ❄️ 🎶 

Can't tell you how many veloway laps I did with that damn song stuck in my head.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gotdurt said:

I cleanse my palate with circus music; it'll overwrite anything. Honestly, it's probably the most suitable soundtrack for my ride/life anyway.

I swear that when work gets bad and frustrating, I literally hear circus music.

A buddy of mine used to keep a shorcut on his laptop and when the shit hit the fan or someone did something real stupid he would click on that and play it. 

Now it is a mental thing for me and so stupid actions trigger circus music in my head. 

• Haha 1