IGNORED

Welcome to Springtime, the Poison Ivy is out

All over the usual spots on the greenbelt. Didn't get it on me...this time.

Also had a strava dude with a loose dog riding my ass on a section where I could not pull over just after I passed a newbie who spread his brand new bike across the trail while he sat playing with his phone.

So it begins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I've been having an itchy spot on my left forearm for a few weeks.  Just a small little red welt.  It could be a mosquito (yet another thing that didn't freeze and die off) but on Wednesday I was running on the Riata Trace sidwalk during a break at work, and on the way back I noticed a single stalk of poison ivy sticking out from one of the hedges.  I had run at work the previous week, so I guess that's where I got it.  We have a single stalk on our front landscaping.  It's the only thing I ever use weed killer on b/c I don't like using chemicals in my yard, but frack poison ivy.

• 2 years later...

It's Back!!! 🤬

I was checking out some mystery trail and ended up doing quite a bit of bushwacking last night. Looks like the dish soap will be in the shower for the time being. 😐

Funny that the original post was also on March 29th.

Edited by GFisher
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 6:08 PM, GFisher said:

It's Back!!! 🤬

I was checking out some mystery trail and ended up doing quite a bit of bushwacking last night. Looks like the dish soap will be in the shower for the time being. 😐

Funny that the original post was also on March 29th.

was the mystery trail solved?

I got a bad case of poison ivy at the first trail I was paid to build, and the rash required a steroid shot.

When I was building trail in Wisconsin around 12 +/- years ago, I was made aware of wild parsnip and what it does to skin after getting on skin and then being exposed to UV rays.  Don't google for images; it can be pretty gross, as it casues a chemical burn.  Anyway, my arm brushed up against some, and to this day I get a spot on my arm that itches then bleeds pretty much from spring to fall.   The weird thing is that the spot has moved upmy arm from my wrist toward my elbow by about four inches.

• Sad 1

The real mystery is why I always choose to explore some half promising looking possible trail when I am on a tight schedule. Like bum trails that just lead to a campsite. This was a rocky jeep road I scoped out a few years ago that led to a very tiny bit of trail. The jeep road is getting a lot more traffic, apparently from power line crews and people looking for places to dump stuff. One of those where by the time you drop way down some rocky chunk and find something that looks like a trail and bushwhack a bit you are pretty much mentally committed to not backtracking. I did come out where I thought I would but 100% not worth it. Mystery solved. 👎