IGNORED

Reimer's Ranch Flow Trail

My input:

The first two pictures are riding uphill. I don't even think that the trail depicted is in the Flow Trails Area. There is an uphill, Return trail, but that's not it. This might confuse someone reading an article about a fun downhill Flow Trail. 

Also, AustinBike, in your write up you say "the city has done a nice job" This is a county park. The county deserves a lot of props for what they are doing out there. Even the nice new wood signage is being done by the people that work in that park. But the signs are installed by ARR's steward Ken Reed. He too deserves a lot of props as he's been working hard on trail maintenance and improving things.

Indeed, two of those photos are not from the flow trail. They are probably in Kent's Krash. I should have clarified that.

I'd like to go out there with another rider and get images of someone actually riding the features some time.

Edited by mack_turtle

9 hours ago, The Tip said:

Also, AustinBike, in your write up you say "the city has done a nice job" This is a county park. The county deserves a lot of props for what they are doing out there. Even the nice new wood signage is being done by the people that work in that park. But the signs are installed by ARR's steward Ken Reed. He too deserves a lot of props as he's been working hard on trail maintenance and improving things.

Updated to the county

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Tip said:

Pretty good and a lovely setting for drinking it

11 hours ago, Shanerpvt said:

There you go!

Even better being so close.  I much admit i have not tried any of their beer, any good?

Venue is great. Admittedly, it's been since late 2019 since we've been there. Last spring we hit Reimers and the flow trail,  but the brewery wasnt open.

Family reminded me of twisted x. Nice venue, decent beer but no standouts. 

Thanks to @mack_turtle and @AustinBikefor  adding the flow trail to the site. Did you get to send anything?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Earlier this year we (ARR) walked the trail with Travis County and provided input to one of their downtown staff members who was applying for a $200K-ish State of Texas grant—part of which would  go towards finishing out the other four planned Flow Trails.  It was Travis County who contacted ARR about this—THEY want it finished, which is a refreshing attitude. 

We are supposed to hear back regarding that grant application this month!! Cross ya fingahs!

Edited by cmc4130
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

The new line out there is a great start, but having a few more flow/gravity lines would make Reimers more of a destination. Reveille Peak is a great example of a place that's embracing that style of riding and it seems like it's paying off with way more riders out there on any given weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, olddbrider said:

. Reveille Peak is a great example of a place that's embracing that style of riding and it seems like it's paying off with way more riders out there on any given weekend.

Having spider next door doesn't hurt either.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Having spider next door doesn't hurt either.

This is correct. It hasn't been like Walmart shutting down a mom&pop. More bikes in the area has only been good for RPR. And it has been particularly good for the same big hit crowd. 

• Like 2