IGNORED

COTA Feedback?

I have some friends interested in going to do the COTA bike night but are unsure of what is entailed in these weird COVID times. Has anyone been there yet?

How are they regarding distancing and health protocols (we've all been VERY strict and just now starting to venture out, probably doing the first outdoor restaurant in over a year this week..)?

How is the climbing/hills? These folks are just neighborhood riders, not roadies or mountain bikers, will they be able to avoid or minimize the climbing?

Any input is helpful.

21 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

I have some friends interested in going to do the COTA bike night but are unsure of what is entailed in these weird COVID times. Has anyone been there yet?

How are they regarding distancing and health protocols (we've all been VERY strict and just now starting to venture out, probably doing the first outdoor restaurant in over a year this week..)?

How is the climbing/hills? These folks are just neighborhood riders, not roadies or mountain bikers, will they be able to avoid or minimize the climbing?

Any input is helpful.

I was out there a few weeks ago. 

mask wearing indoors is required but it’s on you to keep a social distance from everyone else outside. There is plenty of room in the paddock to space out but from what I saw, people were not keeping 6 feet from each other. As I said though, there is plenty of space to keep you and your group away from the masses. Out on the track, there is no issue keeping a wide berth from other riders. 

In terms of the T1 climb, it is definitely not “neighborhood rider” friendly. It’s a tough grind.  Fortunately, there is a bypass at the end of the pit lane that snakes through the paddock, and dumps you out at the esses. 

Edited by WLemke
  • Like 1

BTDT got the t-shirt (may have been the first time they opened it up).  T1 climb is no joke.  The best part is if you watch the races in person or on TV, you get to go on the track.  I don't feel the need to go back, probably because it costs money and it would be an hour drive for me to go get there or even longer to ride there.  I got passed by a grandma on an e-bike and yellow fairing bike dude flew by me as well.  It's a good experience and as everyone says, there is a ton of room on the track to space out.  Even in the before times, unless you wanted to be in  group, you were plenty spaced out from everyone else.

3 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

BTDT got the t-shirt (may have been the first time they opened it up).  T1 climb is no joke.  The best part is if you watch the races in person or on TV, you get to go on the track.  I don't feel the need to go back, probably because it costs money and it would be an hour drive for me to go get there or even longer to ride there.  I got passed by a grandma on an e-bike and yellow fairing bike dude flew by me as well.  It's a good experience and as everyone says, there is a ton of room on the track to space out.  Even in the before times, unless you wanted to be in  group, you were plenty spaced out from everyone else.

All of this.  

My boys and I did it 2x's last year and when they dropped the price to $5 per.  I considered that a bargain and would go again.  (2 yrs ago it was $18 per person or something close!!)  Considering I was bringing me and 3 kids it just wasn't cost effective until the price dropped.

Whats the price currently?

Cheers,
CJB

21 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

That reminds me - if there's an event coming up that weekend, there's often pit crews setting up shop, and it's easy to ride right up and check what's going on, chat with them, etc.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CBaron said:

All of this.  

My boys and I did it 2x's last year and when they dropped the price to $5 per.  I considered that a bargain and would go again.  (2 yrs ago it was $18 per person or something close!!)  Considering I was bringing me and 3 kids it just wasn't cost effective until the price dropped.

Whats the price currently?

Cheers,
CJB

$10 adults $5 children under 11.  $99 for a season pass.