IGNORED

Repost for anyone who isn't friends with me on other social media platforms....

I have a pretty big and heavy hearted announcement.

I’ve lived within a 10 mile diameter bubble in north Austin my entire life...
with my lease ending on 5/27 after 5 years of being in my south round rock duplex, I went under contract yesterday to buy my first home.

In Brevard, North Carolina!!

I love Texas so much. My whole life and family Is here, cat mountain, all my friends and the awesome Texas mountain biking community is here.

But Austin is changing and I see more success in my life on the eastern horizon.

With some quick action, and the grace of god, I landed a 4bd/2b w 4 car garage on 2 acres in Brevard, North Carolina! Literally minutes from pisgah national Forrest, and epic trail systems right in my back yard. Not to mention, the east coast is littered with lift access bike parks!

Im not walking away from Texas, but rather expanding my life and growing! @victoryracingevents is live and well, and will continue Texas operations and oversee cat mountain, with a few logistical changes.
I love you all. This is so hard for me and bittersweet. my mom has always told me “you can’t win if you don’t play”

I’m all in and sending it in full faith of my future to the other side of the country.

I could write a novel, but i won’t. Just wanted to tell everyone my big news.

I’d really love to have a race or at least a big group ride at cat mountain before I move, In celebration!

Stay tuned for more details. my new house has an abundance of space, and pisgah is an absolute mountain biking Mecca and destination. I hope to see many of you up there one day!
Stay tuned!

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 1.08.41 PM.png

• Like 13

You had me at 4-car garage!  What an amazing place.  Bears will visit you! 

WIKI: Brevard is a city in Transylvania County, North Carolina, United States, with a population of 7,609 as of the 2010 Census. It is the county seat of Transylvania County. Brevard is located at the entrance to Pisgah National Forest and has become a noted tourism, retirement and cultural center in western North Carolina.

...and this:

Brevard is known for its white squirrels.  There are several theories of how they came to live there, including an overturned carnival truck and an escaped pet breeding with native squirrels. 

Best wishes as you move into this new and exciting stage of your life. 

Edited by June Bug

Definitely a great area if you love to bike or paddle or fly fish! That was one of the first destinations I started going on bike/float/hike trips back in the early 90’s. Asheville has a much stronger non-tourist economy now and it’s transformed Brevard from the sleepy college town it was back then. Much more bang for your buck out there and WFH lately sure makes it easier to have a good job and live where you want vs. where the $$$ is!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently the thing to do if you’re name is Seth… move to NC, get a house on some land with a 4 car garage, ride bikes. Next thing you know you’ll be trail building around your house and there won’t be a single car parked in your 4 car garage. I’ll be waiting for the build videos.

You get a bike industry job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 8:05 AM, Teamsloan said:

Apparently the thing to do if you’re name is Seth… move to NC, get a house on some land with a 4 car garage, ride bikes. Next thing you know you’ll be trail building around your house and there won’t be a single car parked in your 4 car garage. I’ll be waiting for the build videos.

You get a bike industry job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL - I got that one!