IGNORED

Motion ultralight carbon fiber bicycle

You know we have a jokes and funnies thread right?

This was gold. It’s such a weird combination of an almost engrish voiceover hyping up the dorkiest entry level bike, combined with a no name fitness model who doesn’t ride bikes pedaling around Hong Kong with his saddle too low.

Did hearing the voiceover say “oil filled brakes”? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is what happens when everyone around the table is a "yes" man/woman.  I would say that we are not the target audience but several things throw me.

1. English voice-over by someone who obviously speaks good english = English speaking customers
  2. Copy that is NOT from someone with English as their native language = Foreign owned company
  3. Young-ish model = 20-40 demographic
  4. City riding PLUS off-road and beach = City dweller looking for adventure

I'd say that the members of this forum probably fit into that demographic at least just a little bit.  I'd also wager that this advertising would have every single one of us asking for our 2 minutes back.  Let's hope it's a parody.

Edited by Tree Magnet

it might be indicative of the current explosion in popularity of cycling. someone who knows nothing about bikes decided to cash in (I am sure they're not the first to do this ever) and tried to fit as many buzz words into the ad copy as possible. unfortunately, these are going to be undoubtedly poorly made and assembled, leaving bike shops to deal with fixing junk for customers who are jaded about cycling about spending their money on garbage.

I wonder what they were trying to say by "non-wrinkle shaped."

I'm surprised there's not a more mature consultant industry to un-engrish this kind of thing.  With all the time they spent shooting this they could've paid someone $100 to have it make sense.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I wonder what they were trying to say by "non-wrinkle shaped."

I'm surprised there's not a more mature consultant industry to un-engrish this kind of thing.  With all the time they spent shooting this they could've paid someone $100 to have it make sense.

I would have done that in ten minutes and they could have paid me with a six pack of Two Hearted Ale.