IGNORED

Recycling worn tires

TAF

No sweat, AntonioGG. I also have plenty of source material if you're interested in following up on Shinerider's suggestion. You can have all of my ~50 tubes, although I may hold a few in reserve to follow up on Barry's suggestion in the other thread to turn the tubes into a poop bag slingshot (dog-poo-tapult? tre-poo-chet?)

• Like 2

No tires allowed, but reminder for Williamson County residents, today is Household Hazardous Waste drop-off day. Really sucks that they limit to 5 containers per car. Suppose I'll test that limit and see how accommodating they will be. Electronics is not on the DO or DON'T list but I'm guessing that technically old electronics are classified as recyclable vs. waste. Might haul an old TV over there anyway just to see for sure.   

image.thumb.png.470332db4708bb02eee032f7c83cd820.png

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 8:31 AM, throet said:

Electronics is not on the DO or DON'T list but I'm guessing that technically old electronics are classified as recyclable vs. waste

I had an old printer that died on me and I took it to Best Buy. No hassle and real easy. I keep meaning to look at their list of accepted items because I have some more peripherals gathering dust. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/services/recycling/pcmcat149900050025.c?id=pcmcat149900050025

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

I had an old printer that died on me and I took it to Best Buy. No hassle and real easy. I keep meaning to look at their list of accepted items because I have some more peripherals gathering dust. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/services/recycling/pcmcat149900050025.c?id=pcmcat149900050025

That's great!  I didn't see cables though.  I had heard Best Buy took cables.  No matter, City of Austin took a box full of RCA, USB, speaker, chargers, etc.  I had thought to get my boys to make some money by stripping copper wires while watching TV or whatever but kids these days.  I did get my youngest to disassemble an old all-in-one Aiwa stereo.  It would help with keeping him busy, seeing how things works (cassette tapes! Carousel CD changers!), and allowed us to toss the clearly marked plastic pieces into recycling and put only the PCBA into the electronics recycling bin.

• Like 1