IGNORED

Buds Required

Sluggo

3 hours ago, AustinBike said:

On this topic, I started playing bass a lot more this year and a guitarist friend has been coming by. Now that we are quarantined this is off, but is there a reasonable way to do this online? Most of the videoconferencing seems to be half duplex so two people playing together would probably be a mess. Any ideas?

My late friend had friends in the northeast, and they just each recorded their track then they mixed it.  It's not quite a jam session but it sounded really good.  

On 3/22/2020 at 12:20 PM, AntonioGG said:

My late friend had friends in the northeast, and they just each recorded their track then they mixed it.  It's not quite a jam session but it sounded really good.  

Pretty much how youtube musicians collaborate these days. 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2020 at 3:33 PM, AustinBike said:

Playing bass all afternoon and started rediscovering Stereophonics. Many many many overseas flights with vodka tonics and Stereophonics....

Really appreciated getting turned on to this band. I'm so stuck in my classic library that I often overlook stuff that's come out over the past few decades. I've discovered a bunch of new stuff from this thread as well as from various mountain biking videos that include cool tracks. Finally got around to listening to a bunch of the Stereophonic stuff and tagged these as my favorites.

image.png.dbf05b845b96afc364fb59be6b385a0a.png  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, throet said:

Really appreciated getting turned on to this band. I'm so stuck in my classic library that I often overlook stuff that's come out over the past few decades. I've discovered a bunch of new stuff from this thread as well as from various mountain biking videos that include cool tracks. Finally got around to listening to a bunch of the Stereophonic stuff and tagged these as my favorites.

image.png.dbf05b845b96afc364fb59be6b385a0a.png  

I'm not saying that I have a massive home network or that Stereophonics are a favorite of mine. So there is no way that if you were to DM me an email address there wouldn't be a link to a ton of great Stereophonics demos, acoustics, lives and whatnot. Totally wouldn't happen. Yeah.

• Like 1

And my suggestion for the official 2020 theme song. I think the 2 Bash & Pop albums are my favorite CDs from the past few years. One of the guys is Tommy Stinson from The Replacements and the stuff sounds like what the 'mats would sound like if they were still playing now and Paul was vaguely sober from time to time.

• Like 2

Very sad morning.

Covid got John Prine. He was a classic. Saw him back in 1984 with Steve Goodman (also RIP from a few years ago) as I was working the show. Got a chance to spend about 10 minutes talking to Steve after the show, but never got to meet John. The highlight of the show was the encore where they did a duet of "Souvenirs", definitely a top concert moment for me over the years.

• Like 1