IGNORED

Buds Required

Sluggo

On 8/3/2019 at 10:22 AM, throet said:

Haha I'll take Dunkin Donuts coffee over Starbucks anytime. When I get Starbucks gift cards - I give them away. 

I find most folks that prefer DD like "lots o' cream and lots o' sugar," to quote Mr. Wolf. And most folks who prefer Starbucks like it black. "When I buy coffee, I like to taste it," to paraphrase Jimmie. I've seen it go the other way, but that's how it usually shakes out.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Barry said:

I find most folks that prefer DD like "lots o' cream and lots o' sugar," to quote Mr. Wolf. And most folks who prefer Starbucks like it black. "When I buy coffee, I like to taste it," to paraphrase Jimmie. I've seen it go the other way, but that's how it usually shakes out.  

The folks who prefer Starbucks prefer " steamed coconut milk and three pumps mocha". I like my coffee black and prefer the stuff I made at home to either DD or Starbucks, but I do still drink plenty of Starbucks out of convenience. (Sometimes black, sometimes "mocha frappuccino no whip".)

Edited by notyal
  • Haha 1

If it's "cold" outside, ill grab a flat white at the SB drive-thru and that's only 2-3 times a year. If im desperate, ill grab a basic coffee from summer moon, 3rd coast, or cuvee as they'll get my money first. 

Since we're on the subject of food, remember this one? 

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Used to use cream in my coffee but went black long ago when I got tired of waking up pissed off when we had no cream or milk in the house. The thought of putting sugar in coffee makes me sick. I just don't like Starbucks - taste, vibe, or high prices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throet said:

Used to use cream in my coffee but went black long ago when I got tired of waking up pissed off when we had no cream or milk in the house. 

Teenage boys in the house?

I do SB when I must.  Mostly at home but my favorite coffee house in town is Thunderbird.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, throet said:

Great cover of the Zappa classic! I'm assuming it's still a cover even if his kid Dweezil is playing. Love me some Steve Vai on guitar! 

OK I'll see your Dirty Love and raise you a Jewish Princess😀

• Like 2

14 hours ago, throet said:

Nice. I didn't even know that Jimmy and Zeppelin were covering a track he had produced previously with the Yardbirds. Still prefer Zeppelin's take on it though. 

It's more convoluted that that. Even the Yardbirds version was a cover.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazed_and_Confused_(song)

Anyway, it drives my wife mad when I call Led Zeppelin "The Yardbirds."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

That's how you order BBQ Chicken at SpringCreek BBQ up in Dallas.

Haha reminds me of Mann's BBQ that used to be here in Austin. If you ordered a 1/4 chicken, you had to specify "runnin" or "flyin". Really miss that place! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, throet said:

Haha reminds me of Mann's BBQ that used to be here in Austin. If you ordered a 1/4 chicken, you had to specify "runnin" or "flyin". Really miss that place! 

Used to love going there for lunch. He called me "skinny" when I ordered the lean brisket. 

• Like 1