IGNORED

Garage thread

ATXZJ

22 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Anyone have a goo line on wall-mounted fans? I have a spot that I would like to mount a fan and it is a bit out of the way (above the bikes), so a remote on the fan, one way or another, would be good.

Though I'll keep any info about the goo line to myself, I got blown Saturday night by 4 wall mount fans a lot like these at the Back Door Cafe in Smithville. The fans seemed quite adept at servicing the customers.

https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-3016-Oscillating-Wall-Mount/dp/B00002N86C/ref=sr_1_29?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1540840020&sr=1-29&keywords=wall%2Bmounted%2Boscillating%2Bfans&th=1

Edited by Ridenfool

On 10/29/2018 at 1:51 PM, AustinBike said:

Anyone have a goo line on wall-mounted fans? I have a spot that I would like to mount a fan and it is a bit out of the way (above the bikes), so a remote on the fan, one way or another, would be good.

You could get a floor one and mount to a stud using the post and some plumber's strapping. Or like that Sloan's light, mount the block of wood to the stud, then strap to the block to get some width. Or just throw down for the one in the link.

Edited by Bamwa

20 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

You could get a floor one and mount to a stud using the post and some plumber's strapping. Or like that Sloan's light, mount the block of wood to the stud, then strap to the block to get some width. Or just throw down for the one in the link.

I need to get a pic of my neighbors fan but he basically did this but to a lazy susan that is mounted to the ceiling. He can aim it 360° to hit anything in his shop. Used one of these type of fans: http://a.co/d/6O7lfhx

I have this fan mounted in my shop. Costs alot more than other suggestions, but it is industrial strength:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T050A6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Does not have remote control but I combined it with this to give me remote control capability:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CRGFPZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3MSS5ZN97PBY3&psc=1

I thought about punching it, then decided to use a power saw.

Ran a new 220 circuit to it, and the breaker panel is right next to the door of the garage. I leave the unit on max cold and just turn it on/off from the switch on the breaker panel when entering or leaving the garage. Usually takes about 5 min to get comfy in there during the worst of the summer heat. It's not energy efficient, but it allows me to work out there when I want to.

• Like 3

I posted this in the original mojo thread so I thought I'd bring it over here as I was pretty proud of this idea (credit Garage Journal forums). I embedded a Class III receiver tube in my work bench so I can now swap out between a bench grinder/wire wheel, and a bench vise. When not in use, both store neatly on the shelf underneath. It ends up being the perfect location for cassette removal, pressing bearings, cutting steerer tubes, etc.

IMG_4330.JPG

• Like 4

I thought about punching it, then decided to use a power saw.
Ran a new 220 circuit to it, and the breaker panel is right next to the door of the garage. I leave the unit on max cold and just turn it on/off from the switch on the breaker panel when entering or leaving the garage. Usually takes about 5 min to get comfy in there during the worst of the summer heat. It's not energy efficient, but it allows me to work out there when I want to.

220, 225, whatever it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1