IGNORED

Garage thread

ATXZJ

• 3 months later...

Is anyone else following Blake Builds Mountain Bike Isolation Workshop garage build on GMBN?  It's been fairly entertaining.  He claims not to have done a lot of the stuff before but he's doing a pretty good job of it.

Edited by AntonioGG
Replacing re-direct link with shorter non-redirect link
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Wow!  Even used a plate and all for the hose.  Nice!  I have the same compressor btw.  Big step up from the 9 gallon Central Pneumatic I had. 

My next step is also to permanently install the compressor and route airlines to several spots in the garage.  My main issue is I have to move an outlet, or extend it, so I can connect the compressor directly and not have to buy or use an extension cord of the proper rating needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

My main issue is I have to move an outlet, or extend it, so I can connect the compressor directly and not have to buy or use an extension cord of the proper rating needed.

Nice! Love this compressor over the oilless craftsman 33 gallon I had prior. First and last oilless ill use.

For the sake of transparency, I used a 25ft 10/3 extension cord to hook the compressor up. The compressor is wired 14g and from my calculations the 25ft 10g isn't an issue for the required amperage.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Decided to stop being crap and update my own garage for once. Bought a goodyear retractable hosereel and got everything installed today. Excited to not have hoses and cords everywhere. Next is matching extension cord reel.

IMG_20200917_143233423.jpg

IMG_20200917_143211777.jpg

Nicely done, I think you get the overachiever award for the day. It's funny how things like this bang around for years as "I should really..." ideas and then once you do it you think how did I ever live like that before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Decided to stop being crap and update my own garage for once. Bought a goodyear retractable hosereel and got everything installed today. Excited to not have hoses and cords everywhere. Next is matching extension cord reel.

IMG_20200917_143233423.jpg

IMG_20200917_143211777.jpg

Nice! Now you just need to move the air intake to outside to quiet that thing down a bit.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Wow!  Even used a plate and all for the hose.  Nice!  I have the same compressor btw.  Big step up from the 9 gallon Central Pneumatic I had. 

My next step is also to permanently install the compressor and route airlines to several spots in the garage.  My main issue is I have to move an outlet, or extend it, so I can connect the compressor directly and not have to buy or use an extension cord of the proper rating needed.

Use copper pipe or pvc to route.  Much easier to hang.