IGNORED

Garage thread

ATXZJ

On 11/26/2018 at 4:01 PM, olddbrider said:

Yeah, I've whittled it down over the years since I closed my shop.  A lot of that stuff on the wall doesn't see much (if any) use any more, but I hang onto it on the off chance a friend or neighbor has an old bike that needs some wrenchin'.

Never sell tools, ever.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JRA said:

Never sell tools, ever.

I got tired of moving the BB threading tools, the various reamers and facers, etc.  I can go to a shop or find someone here the one time in a decade (or less) I need those kinds of tools.  Most of the stuff like that went to a guy who owns a shop in San Marcos.  He was trying to put together a second complete set of tools.  I'm glad they are somewhere they might get used occasionally rather than collecting dust in my garage...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, olddbrider said:

I got tired of moving the BB threading tools, the various reamers and facers, etc.  I can go to a shop or find someone here the one time in a decade (or less) I need those kinds of tools.  Most of the stuff like that went to a guy who owns a shop in San Marcos.  He was trying to put together a second complete set of tools.  I'm glad they are somewhere they might get used occasionally rather than collecting dust in my garage...

I hear you. In my case I stopped working on bikes, my own and everybody else, and never really planned on getting back into it. Four years ago I started riding again and last year started doing some wrenching as a side gig and it has blossomed into a nearly full time at home job. It was really easy to fire up again because I didn't have to run out and buy a bunch of tools.

27 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

I park two cars in my garage. How novel! That leave little room for tools and bike stuff. All that might have to move indoors because I am not leaving my car out for the vandals and theives. 

Been parking my car in the drive forever without incident. Only my wife's car gets the privilege of staying in the garage.  

Speaking of garage remodels...

IMG-9087.jpg

I've been doing just that in my current garage.  Last week I removed these cabinets and would happily give them away to someone who could use them.  In my garage they were built-in and had a nice thick plywood top (which I'm keeping).  

Any takers?

Thanks, -Cody

512-6nine4-one3one9

codyjbaronATgmail.com

43 minutes ago, CBaron said:

IMG-9087.jpg

I've been doing just that in my current garage.  Last week I removed these cabinets and would happily give them away to someone who could use them.  In my garage they were built-in and had a nice thick plywood top (which I'm keeping).  

Any takers?

Thanks, -Cody

512-6nine4-one3one9

codyjbaronATgmail.com

Where in austin are you? I want them for my shop, but would have to figure out how to get them home.

1 hour ago, csmceuen said:

Where in austin are you? I want them for my shop, but would have to figure out how to get them home.

Since you are north and Cody is north and I have my truck.,,let me know if you need a hand.

Im not moving couches or crazy junk but I can help you with this one 

Just now, Cafeend said:

Since you are north and Cody is north and I have my truck.,,let me know if you need a hand.

Im not moving couches or crazy junk but I can help you with this one 

Yeah, they are not terribly difficult to move.  They are sitting in my driveway.  I'm happy to give you my address and let you swing by and get'm.

-CJB

21 minutes ago, csmceuen said:

620 and Lakecreek. What are the dimensions? I may be able to squeeze them in my wifes suv.

I'll send you a text in a minute so we can work out the details.  But the dimensions are pretty standard for a double door cabinet.  I believe they are about 24" deep, 36" tall and probably similar wide.  (I'm at work at the moment)

-CJB

On November 29, 2018 at 11:36 AM, CBaron said:

IMG-9087.jpg

Any takers?

Thanks, -Cody

512-6nine4-one3one9

codyjbaronATgmail.com

These things are still available.  I'm probably going to give it about 2 days then toss them.  Post up if interested.  If you are in North Austin, I may be willing to deliver.

Thanks
CJB

• 1 month later...

Found these at Walmart yesterday evening — on clearance. This is the Walmart by Mopac and 290 in SW Austin, but they might be available at all stores... Great price at $5. Thought some folks here might want to take advantage of... Wait for it... Cheap.

IMG_2556.jpg

Edited by RidingAgain

Found these at Walmart yesterday evening — on clearance. This is the Walmart by Mopac and 290 in SW Austin, but they might be available at all stores... Great price at $5. Thought some folks here might want to take advantage of... Wait for it... Cheap.
IMG_2556.thumb.jpg.29b0f5a9a9820a0b99b9ecb8b05a72ee.jpg

Wrong thread. There is a cheap thread remember?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Wrong thread. There is a cheap thread remember?

Yeh, I was considering that... But came to the conclusion that I can spread the good news to more than one thread... Once the news is clearly related to context.

Edited by RidingAgain

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after asking about the wall fans I had an epiphany and fixed the problem myself by using a large hook to mount the floor fan on the wall. Then I bought a remote control outlet so that I can turn the fan on and off without having to get on a ladder. (Also I have 3 bikes that will be in the way.)

15 minutes of work and everything was mounted and ready to go:

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

Edited by AustinBike
  • Like 1

Good idea on the outlet!  have a smart things (Samsung) outlet I use in my kids room and control it with a schedule or with my phone.  It hadn’t occcurred to me to suggest that.  Hmm, now I’m going to look into it to see if there is a smart things temp sensor so I can automatically vent my garage in the summer.

I have added proximity sensors on the garage lights, one in the main area and one in the bike workshop. This is primarily because every time I go in the garage I turn on the lights and half the time my hands are full. Especially when taking my bike into the back area to lock it up after riding in the evening. Both hands are on the handlebar as I wheel it on the back tire into the back of the garage. Nice to have lights turn on automatically so I can see what I am doing.

I am not aware of any that have temperature sensors, but if your system supports IfTTT then you should be able to create a routine.

Edited by AustinBike
  • Like 1