IGNORED

Garage thread

ATXZJ

51 minutes ago, csmceuen said:

I am having an anxiety attack just looking at this image. I think you might need some storage/organization solutions

It could be the decorative item by the grinder in the earlier photo may play a key part in the storage/organization strategies being applied.

4 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

It could be the decorative item by the grinder in the earlier photo may play a key part in the storage/organization strategies being applied.

I have similar decorative items available to me in my shop and I would say it makes me more apt to organize things.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, csmceuen said:

I have similar decorative items available to me in my shop and I would say it makes me more apt to organize things.

On the other hand, Chevy Chase once reported in Weekend Update about a university study that found "when squirrels were forced to inhale the smoke from marijuana cigarettes the animals were found to take the laws of self-preservation less seriously, as they tended to play with their nuts rather than store them."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mcfly said:

I have this fan mounted in my shop. Costs alot more than other suggestions, but it is industrial strength:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T050A6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Does not have remote control but I combined it with this to give me remote control capability:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CRGFPZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3MSS5ZN97PBY3&psc=1

That looks like a good solid product. This oscillating version is ~$220, but it is metal so I think it is a better investment than the cheaper plastic ones.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

I need to get a pic of my neighbors fan but he basically did this but to a lazy susan that is mounted to the ceiling. He can aim it 360° to hit anything in his shop. Used one of these type of fans: http://a.co/d/6O7lfhx

That looks like the cheap fan that I have now (floor standing). I could just find a cheap wall mount and try that before going down the path of a new fan. I have some options now.

16 hours ago, JRA said:

025.jpg

Looks like the top of my tool box after I've been working on things. I'll clean and organize my tool box and within days it looks like that again. It's a phenomenon that happens in any working shop. Spent 25 years in body shops, any horizontal surface becomes a sh*t stacker. Including vehicles that stayed in one place too long.

• Like 1

I have that same problem. Except my garage has a regular workbench (awesome sturdy one from when I moved in) and a smaller bike workbench. I end up with piles on both and once a month end up cleaning both off. That lasts about a day. 

More importantly I find that I now have multiple sets of tools, on each workbench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

That looks like a good solid product. This oscillating version is ~$220, but it is metal so I think it is a better investment than the cheaper plastic ones.

My experience with the metal fans is that either at the factory, in shipping or through use, the metal blades can get out of whack, then they vibrate like crazy and make more noise than plastic fans.  I can balance fans, but the harder thing is to get the pitch even on all the blades.