IGNORED

New tattoo

TheX

• 4 weeks later...

How many people who are not yet vaxxed are going to say they got their jab and go around potentially infecting people who have compromised immune systems? How many are going to lie and spread variants that might not be covered by the first vax? Hopefully it won't be bad, but it's still not ideal.

6 minutes ago, TheX said:

You could wait another year, and the un-vaxxed would be the same.

True, and that's the problem now. The same people who would literally rather die than admit they are wrong will also lie and take others down with them. I don't have an answer to this. Those people will answer to the Maker for this, if anything at all.

3 minutes ago, TheX said:

You seemed surprised that the tat was real.

I was! The photo was so fresh I thought you 'shopped that on. Given the context of the rest of your arm, it fits right in. We just lived (are living) through one of the most incredible disruptions in human civilization; why not commemorate it? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheX said:

There are literally no waits for shots now, and no excuse to not get them.

That too. While a few people can't get the shot for medical reasons, most people have to actively chose not to. For those folks, getting sick is on them at this point. I'm still concerned about variants and the need for boosters at this point, though.

(There are people in my family who think the vaccine is "the mark of the beast" or some bullshit. I will be sad if it gets them, but they're bringing it upon themselves with willful ignorance at this point.)

Edited by mack_turtle

On 5/16/2021 at 6:02 PM, mack_turtle said:

How many people who are not yet vaxxed are going to say they got their jab and go around potentially infecting people who have compromised immune systems? How many are going to lie and spread variants that might not be covered by the first vax? Hopefully it won't be bad, but it's still not ideal.

Who are they going to spread it to. Other liars🤣

2 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

Or people with medical conditions that can't get a vaccine and have to trust that strangers are going to act in good faith.

But if the liars get other liars sick, good.

Can you give me an example of someone who is so medically fragile that the vaccine is not a good idea for them? The majority of the ones I can think of won't be in a public space and would be just as likely or more likely to die of the staph colonizing on their own skin.

as of a few days ago, a radio report that I heard gave me the impression that there's a  long list of underlying medical conditions that prevent people from getting a vaccine. that now seems to be a pretty short list. here's the vague CDC guidance for people with cancer, HIV, autoimmune diseases, etc. what I read here is "sorry, we don't know if the vaccine will kill you. good luck!" those people know what the risks are, and, unfortunately, there's not much they can do but be cautious.

honestly, I'm surprised because I kept hearing about "people who can't get the vaccine" as if it was a fairly common thing. most likely, it's mostly just paranoid anti-vaxxers looking for excuses.

when I got mine, I had to sit and wait for about 15 minutes afterward to see if I had any reaction to it. I think they were looking for the kind of allergic reactions that @Barry posted. I know someone who got a nasty rash for a few days after his and there's a concern that his body might have rejected it... or something? He's going to get a antibody test and might have to get the shot again.

the rest, and probably the vast majority, of the unvaxxed are self-important douchecanoes, some of whom are members of my family. those people can suck it.

Edited by mack_turtle

12 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

as of a few days ago, a radio report that I heard gave me the impression that there's a  long list of underlying medical conditions that prevent people from getting a vaccine.

I think there is a fairly long list of unknowns. For example a buddy of ours (a fellow in this community) was saying that his doctor was apprehensive about him getting it because the effect of the vaccines on those with celiac disease was not yet well known. Luckily he eneded up with both doses and is doing fine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheX said:

The percentage of Americans that are vaccinated is going up quickly. Not all Americans are what that generalization tries to say they are.

true, but I don't say all. it's enough to make a difference. sometimes it feels like more than 1/3 are self-important jackasses to that extent. it's why we had such an abysmal failure at containing the virus. America could have done so much better if our attitudes toward community and social responsibility had not been so lousy.

Edited by mack_turtle

5 minutes ago, TheX said:

The percentage of Americans that are vaccinated is going up quickly. Not all Americans are what that generalization tries to say they are.

Wait, are you saying the generalizations presented by the media are bullshit???? Impossible!!

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Haha 1

I was accused of vaxx-shaming today. I was buying a guitar amp, and the guy saw my tattoo and got pissed claiming that I did it to shame people into getting vaccinated. At first I was going to explain the real reason, but the more I thought about it maybe that's not so bad. I told him if it shamed even one person into getting vaxxed, it was worth it.

He wasn't amused, but I was.

• Like 5