IGNORED

Bentonville Trail Question

1 hour ago, m@intherock said:

A friend and I are passing through Bentonville next month and want to hit a trail. Unfortunately, to keep to a deadline, we on have a few hours. If you had 3 or so hours there, what would be the most fun trail?

Under a time deadline I would easily hit the various Slaughter Pen trails. North to South , South to North doesnt matter. 

But park at A St (  https://goo.gl/maps/ukF8hdnuoAaBoHB27  ) 

Its right on the top of the All American and has a bathroom right there. Head North down the All American and you can ride a ton of various trails easily in a couple hours 

https://www.oztrailsnwa.com/trail-locations/slaughter-pen/

• Thanks 1

If you like jumps, you can easily spend 2 hours at Coler preserve and all the trails are right in one spot.  I'd also check out Springdale.  There is a lot of trail there and it's super fun.  The biggest thing you should be thinking about is what you're going to do when you're late to your next stop.  

• Haha 1

Agree with the above posts. I'll add that it kinda depends on what you are looking for. Slaughter Pen has a little bit of everything. Wait, scratch that. They have a lot of everything. But if you are more interested in gravity and flow trails, I'd point you to Coler. Of course, there's some newer stuff up in Bella Vista (just north of Bentonville) in the Little Sugar trail system that looks amazing if you are into jumps and flow. Check out the Huntley Gravity Zone which includes Air Raid, Shock and Awe, etc. I could easily spend a few hours sessioning those trails. In fact, that's what I'm planning to do on my first day there in a few weeks!

Go rip up Slaughter Pen. All the trails are shorter loops that can basically be linked off of All American now. There’s enough fun flowy stuff mixed with classic single track, mixed with jump opportunities to get a taste of what NWA riding is all about.

All American all the way South to North is a blast, they’ve added a ton to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 2:46 PM, Cafeend said:

Under a time deadline I would easily hit the various Slaughter Pen trails. North to South , South to North doesnt matter. 

But park at A St (  https://goo.gl/maps/ukF8hdnuoAaBoHB27  ) 

Its right on the top of the All American and has a bathroom right there. Head North down the All American and you can ride a ton of various trails easily in a couple hours 

https://www.oztrailsnwa.com/trail-locations/slaughter-pen/

This parking spot though. I was driving to the trails my first day here and thought “this place is gonna be cool but I bet not as awesome as everyone says.” That thought ended within about 15 seconds when I immediately dropped into some of the tallest berms I’ve ever seen. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 11:09 PM, circuitbreaker said:

i don't think you can go wrong, but i'll throw Mt Nebo in there. Looks pretty epic. This ride took 3.5 hours total. 1.5 hours moving.

Here's the full playlist, if you want more previews:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjr0xjHkkOZRjOjK9S1uz75CkfRIjYLM1

I'm really interested in checking these out.  They are a couple of hours from Bentonville though.   My Grandparents lived about 20 minutes from there.  Have not been back to the area in 20+ years.  They are having an Enduro this weekend and a festival there in October.  River Valley Bike Festival.

North Trails.. Little Sugar and Back 40 are rain friendly. This isn't from me its even posted on the oztrails website.

I have ridden those in the rain and no ruts. No mud. But obviously use judgement

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 9:38 AM, m@intherock said:

How do their trails handle rain?

I'll tell you what doesn't handle the rain... Devil's Den. That place was an absolute shitshow. You literally had professionally built trails running THROUGH waterfalls. Unique for sure. Neat, even. But no thanks. Don't ride here if it has rained in the past month. (Surely I'm exaggerating. But I didn't enjoy it.)

Go ride Back 40 in the rain. It'll be just fine. 

• Like 1

It rained steadily the day before and most of the morning before we got there. We parked at the A St. parking spot and looked at the trails around there. They look awesome, just like all the videos we'd seen. Just unbelievable to have trails like that in town. They were also muddy.  Saw a handful of people riding the trails around there but they had a lot of mud on themselves and their bike. Not wanting to be "those guys" we took a suggestion and headed for Blowing Springs Park. We rode trails on both sides of the RV park. They had some spots down low that had some puddles. The trails were just wet enough to keep your tires wet making the roots and rocks require extra care but other than that they drain well. We also headed down and did some of the Bella Vista Spur trails. 

Heard someone say that unless you like kayaking or canoeing, don't go there March through May. Sucks but it is a crapshoot for weather.

• Like 1

We lucked out with the weather on our trip. We arrived late on Friday afternoon (5/28) and were able to ride Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday without any significant rainfall. The rain started Monday evening and continued throughout Tuesday, but we had a day full of non-bike related activities planned so it worked out well for us. There were a few trail closures (especially at Coler) due to earlier storms, but there's so much to ride we just moved on to the next thing on our list.

We hit a couple of new places (Huntley Gravity Zone, South side of Coler, gravity/flow trails at the south end of Bella Vista Lake trails) that were amazing. We also explored some new parts of Slaughter Pen like Red Barn and Barn Burner, which were really fun. Sessioned Hammer Down (especially the big step up at the end) a few times. We also went back to a few of our Slaughter Pen favorites like Boo Boo, Choo Choo, and Schroen Train. I hit quite a few features that I haven't had the courage to do before, but my biggest victory was hitting the big rock step up at the bottom of Bone Yard.

I'm already thinking about my next trip up there...

• Like 3