IGNORED

Panic driven gas crisis.

TheX

14 hours ago, TheX said:

Gas station paninis, does it get any better than that?

serious question: have you been inside a Wawa? while it lacks the volume and scale of a Buc-ees, it's an impressive gas station to get your morning coffee and donuts. I'll bet the paninis are fantastic. ON that note, Quik Trip is pretty slick too. you get a sugar buzz from just breathing the air inside.

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news/citrus-county/hummer-with-four-containers-of-gasoline-bursts-into-flames-right-after-filling-up-at-homosassa-gas-station/

Hummer with four containers of gasoline bursts into flames right after filling up at Homosassa gas station

😁

HOMOSASSA, Fla. (WFLA) — A Hummer burst into flames late Wednesday morning right after firefighters say the driver filled up several gas cans in Citrus County.

Citrus County Fire Rescue crews were called to South Alabama Avenue near West Grover Cleveland Boulevard just before 11 a.m. Wednesday for the fire. When they got to the scene, they found a 2004 Hummer H2 on fire.

According to a spokesperson for Citrus County Fire Rescue, the driver had just filled up gas cans at the Texaco Food Mart near the scene. Firefighters found four 5-gallon containers filled with gasoline in the back of the Hummer.

Crews worked quickly and were able to put the fire out by 11:09 a.m.

Firefighters say one person was injured but refused to be transported for treatment, against medical advice. They did not say what the injury was nor how severe.

The Florida State Fire Marshal was called to the scene to investigate and will determine the official cause of the fire. The Florida Department of Environmental Protection was also notified and helped coordinate cleanup of the fuel spill.

The fire comes as Tampa Bay officials urge people to not “panic buy” gasoline over fuel shortage concerns. Worry started to grow earlier this week when the Colonial Pipeline was forced to close due to a hack.

Authorities say there’s no need for concern in Tampa Bay because Florida gets 90% of its gas supply from cargo ships.

Edited by GFisher
  • Haha 1

I wasn't paying attention during the facebook panic induced gas shortage of 2017, and I actually had to skip work for a day because I couldn't fill my tank! The only solutions are to either have a 20-40 gal emergency supply at home, or be the first one to panic. I panicked Saturday morning and gassed up haha.  

On 5/12/2021 at 11:31 PM, TheX said:

I've got 4 classic cars at the house that are in a constant state of various work.  Its not uncommon to be pouring gas down the carbs to get them primed or started.  I REALLY HATE having to do that because even the tiniest bit of gas gets on my hands and I can't get the smell off for at least 2 days of showers (and a multiple hand washes).  I CANNOT IMAGE HOW BAD HER HANDS, TRUNK, CAR, CLOTHES, ALL SMELLED OF GAS, not even mentioning the basic danger involved.  cRaZy!!!

Later.
CJB

During the gas crisis of the 70s my dad went out and bought a diesel VW Rabbit (50 mpg).  But that wasn’t good enough so he started filling up 5 gallon cans of diesel and would bring them home and pour it into 55 gallon drums.  He had several full by the time the crisis ended.  I don’t remember ever pulling any of that diesel out of the drums.