IGNORED

WTH, leg cramp?

TheX

Got woken up by a painful cramp in a calf muscle. I NEVER get leg cramps, hurts big time. Now I can hardly walk on it. WTH? What is the proper way to deal with something like this? Stretching? staying off of it? I feel really bad for people that suffer from this on a regular basis, it hurts.

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, TheX said:

Got woken up by a painful cramp in a calf muscle. I NEVER get leg cramps, hurts big time. Now I can hardly walk on it. WTH? What is the proper way to deal with something like this? Stretching? staying off of it? I feel really bad for people that suffer from this on a regular basis, it hurts.

You may want to get that checked to rule out a blood clot! Most DVTs start in the calves, and they can be fatal if part of the clot travels up to your heart / lungs. 

• Like 2

I used to get them all the time when sleeping.  If I didn’t wake up I’d wake up to a super sore calf.   Drink something sour and see if it goes away.  If it does then it’s a cramp from straining.  I’ve upped my sodium and calcium intake a lot too.  Definitely rule out a DVT if the sour food/drink doesn’t do it.  If you confirm a cramp massage it.

Edited by AntonioGG