IGNORED

Any Ripley owners?

15 minutes ago, Bart said:

I guess i'm lucky. 3 mtb's, a road cx and a gravel bike, 2 scooters, 2 early 70's 2 stroke Yamaha enduros, a KTM XC and 2 mid 80's Honda Z50's...but she knows about my 2 wheel addiction, plus no kids. 

I can have all I like also.

*shrugs*

7 hours ago, radicalpugilism said:

Nah, it’s totally right. 

We live in a one bedroom and I refuse to keep my bike in the locker area because of all the thefts. So the bike stays in our living room and takes up space. 

put that sucker on the wall and call it art 😀

IMG_20180221_201520756.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2021 at 4:12 PM, CBaron said:

I ride a hard tail.  Everywhere.  I have a few friends who ride Singlespeeds, everywhere.  

Ride what you choose.  Underwhelming, overwhelming, is a state of mind.

Later,
CJB

+1

To the OP, if you want to make Walnut/Brushy more exciting, next time a Monocog pops up for $250 pick it up.  Keep your Ripmo.  Make wall art. 🙂  Ride each when you feel like it.  Ride the SS when your other rig is down for maintenance or it breaks down.

I'm not an Ripley owner, but I picked up a V4 demo and I rode it a bit in an urban setup.  I'm very impressed.  It's not the bike for me (I'm an endurance racer) but if I was picking up a bike for riding around Austin just for fun this would be on the list.

On 5/18/2021 at 6:15 PM, mack_turtle said:

I ask because most people don't have quite that much disposable income. Bikes are expensive. Suggesting that someone should just blow thousands of dollars on multiple bikes assumes a lot. People raising children and people with debt should not take these decisions lightly, and shaming them for being cautious is not helpful.

Just seems weird to me and my blue collar upbringing to assume that everyone has that much money to throw around. When I read a comment like that, I take it as a joke because almost no one I know casually makes purchases like that. If that comment was directed at me, I'd laugh and say, "of course, let me just pull all this money out of my butthole and do that, *wink*."

Yeah, I would definitely get both in this case, especially since they're both full suspensions which are way more fun to ride than other types of mountain bikes.

• Haha 1

My Ripley and Ripmo demos are my best sales tools for Revel Rascals and Orbea Occams.  Many customers are on the fence about getting the Ripley or Ripmo.  I say, "Here try these two bikes." They demo them and typically purchase a Revel or Occam.  Those two bikes sit right in the middle of the two Ibises.  

• Like 2

My Ripley and Ripmo demos are my best sales tools for Revel Rascals and Orbea Occams.  Many customers are on the fence about getting the Ripley or Ripmo.  I say, "Here try these two bikes." They demo them and typically purchase a Revel or Occam.  Those two bikes sit right in the middle of the two Ibises.  

You’re not wrong. If I hadn’t already had the Ripmo on order when I demoed the Revel Rascal, I probably would have gotten that one instead. Incredible bike. I like the company too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk