IGNORED

Brushy Creek Trail Conditions

MrMentallo

• 2 weeks later...

My wife was trail running this morning the trail between Champion Park and Olsen Meadows Park, I think it's called Gnargasm.  Anyway, she said there is a huge tree down across the trail.

Didn't know if this was known or not.  If known, is there a chainsaw party planned anytime soon?  We live near there and I need a reason to fire it up.

Edit: I just saw the report of a tree downed in another thread.  

Not sure if it's the same so I linked it to my wife. 

Edited by Dirtnap
New Information

10 minutes ago, MrMentallo said:

That trail is called Gumdrop and yes we do need a chainsaw there. When is good for you?

I thought Gumdrop was the other direction.  Strava lied to me.  

I live very close to there and have a large axe, chainsaw, wedge, etc...  I may be able to go right after work today for an hour or so.  I'll DM you.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the Twitter feed link MrMentallo. 

For those that don't know me, I live on Dodge Cattle and check trail conditions as often as possible. I typically try to make it out to the actual trails to provide a report, however, like everyone else I work which means I can't always make it out to the trails to check things out. On days that I'm swamped at work or not able to get out to the trails I rely on YOUR posts on Bikemojo, here, or on Twitter to keep the feed as accurate as possible. 

Things were soft when I got home this evening, but we did not get more than an inch of rain near Deception so things will dry quickly. If you happen to venture out in the morning let me know how they're looking. 

• Like 4

The ground is waterlogged, riding will cause deep ruts, which a few people have so graciously demonstrated.  Another shower just rolled through. On the bright side, the ground is perfect for building. When it drys up there will be a few new surprises for everyone.

Edited by HoneyBadger
  • Sad 1

1/4 Notch and Picnic were good yesterday evening although still tacky in some areas. With another day of sunshine on the way, everything should be primo by mid-day. Saw other posts in the Brushy thread indicating that Mulligan was good and that Peddler's probably needed another day to dry out.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, throet said:

1/4 Notch and Picnic were good yesterday evening although still tacky in some areas. With another day of sunshine on the way, everything should be primo by mid-day. Saw other posts in the Brushy thread indicating that Mulligan was good and that Peddler's probably needed another day to dry out.  

Agreed. I didn't check out Peddler's (I'll do that after work), but my guess is that East of Parmer is g2g and West of Parmer needs another day.