IGNORED

Brushy Creek Trail Conditions

MrMentallo

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Left my house this afternoon with a saddle full of optimism. Rode into brushy from the west side at the YMCA trailhead. Headed up the trail to the start of the downhill section with that 8-9 foot drop that only lunatics would huck themselves off. (Not sure what the name of this trail section is) The ride up was nice and tacky. No mud sticking to the tires. Started to head down the downhill section but could tell it was still too wet so i turned around. I'm estimating it should be good to ride on Wednesday assuming no more rain.

I next poked my head into a few spots on picnic. The trail was for the most part nice and tacky but unfortunately there are still to many muddy spots. Maybe Wednesday depending on the amount of sunshine we get.

Lastly, I rode down to the east entrance to quarter notch. Thankfully, quarter notch was just dry enough to ride. Word of warning though, the rocks are still super slick. Should be better tomorrow and maybe even optimal conditions on Wednesday.

Lost of evidence of people ripping up trails that are too wet to ride but it is what it is.

• Like 4

I'm going to check out trail conditions at Brushy around 4pm today. It looks like the 48 hour rain total in the area was only 0.17" and we got some great sun yesterday. I'm about 3 miles away from Brushy and the super shady spots in my yard are looking only slightly damp. There's a good chance that 1/4 notch and DD are ready to ride. Possibly some other trails too. If anyone gets out there today before I do, please post an update!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, WLemke said:

@GreenMTBrider How are the trails at Brushy looking this morning? 

Good timing, just got back. 

Didn’t have time to check all trails due to work but...

1/4 Notch - g2g

Deception - g2g 

Picnic - g2g 

Peddlers - trail is really close to being good but I was getting more dirt pickup on my tires than I’m comfortable with so I bailed. Will be much better this afternoon. 

There still is surface moisture on the ground so expect some spicy spots (rocks/roots). This will burn off soon making for primo conditions. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, WLemke said:

Anyone have a chance to scope out Brushy this afternoon? Hoping to ride tomorrow afternoon assuming no more rain. 

I did. They were still very wet. Trails won’t be ready tomorrow morning. I’d actually be surprised if they’re good to go in the early afternoon given the amount of rain, lack of sunshine, and cooler temps. 

Copy and pasting the other report I posted....

Brushy Creek Report...

Okay, so here’s the deal. 1/4 Notch is just barely rideable with a few really soft low spots. Picnic is still too soft this morning, I’m getting more dirt on my tires than I care for. Rim will be in similar shape to 1/4, use caution.   All other trails will need a tad bit more time. Yea yea, your buddies are going to say “Trails at Brushy are primo for shredding some gnar!” but trust me, they’re not. 

Recommended to wait until this afternoon or better yet tomorrow.

57 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Copy and pasting the other report I posted....

Brushy Creek Report...

Okay, so here’s the deal. 1/4 Notch is just barely rideable with a few really soft low spots. Picnic is still too soft this morning, I’m getting more dirt on my tires than I care for. Rim will be in similar shape to 1/4, use caution.   All other trails will need a tad bit more time. Yea yea, your buddies are going to say “Trails at Brushy are primo for shredding some gnar!” but trust me, they’re not. 

Recommended to wait until this afternoon or better yet tomorrow.

Thanks! Always appreciate your updates on here and your Twitter. 

• 4 weeks later...