IGNORED

Brushy Creek Trail Conditions

MrMentallo

Rode 1/4 Notch and Double Down. Sloppy in usual places but overall good condition. Can't say for Peddlers, Picnic or others. Judging by the sloppy spots on 1/4 Notch I would think areas of Picnic would be pretty sloppy also. Seeing as Peddlers is mostly shaded I would think it's probably pretty wet still.

3 hours ago, Chief said:

Rode 1/4 Notch and Double Down. Sloppy in usual places but overall good condition. Can't say for Peddlers, Picnic or others. Judging by the sloppy spots on 1/4 Notch I would think areas of Picnic would be pretty sloppy also. Seeing as Peddlers is mostly shaded I would think it's probably pretty wet still.

When did you ride?

-CJB

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TheSarge said:

Rode 1/4 notch yesterday from east entrance to swag and back.  There are a few puddles along the way but overall it was in great shape.  The rocks were a little slick up near swag so we chose not to try DD.

Should be near perfect today and tomorrow.

Thanks for the update, I’ll use this to update the Twitter feed. I had a critical item come up at work so I’ve been unable to check things out. Any word on Picnic and other sections? 

3 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Admin Question, Can we get this thread renamed to "Brushy Creek - Conditions" or something similar? Just to avoid the confusion in my inbox when I get updates. 

It's the little things. 

That's a good idea, at least for Brushy Creek since there are two threads with the same name.  😄

• Like 2

We rode 1/4 notch close to noon.  It started sprinkling on us halfway through.  It was slick as snot.  The mudholes were more in number, wider, and deeper.   We walked all of them.  We bailed out at Swag.  The bailout exit at the BCRT connection is completely destroyed.  I looked into Peddlers but the first turn was soft and rutted.  I tried to smooth out the ruts with my tires while it's soft, but in parts it was too soft and it was sticking a bit.  I turned around and just did 1/4.  Didn't try anything else but it seemed to have stopped raining right after we finished.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I went out this morning (8am), just as it started to lightly drizzle. Great conditions, but I had to stop early since the drizzle started picking up, and limestone was getting slick.

All that has probably evaporated by now.

I rode ~1:30 to 3pm or so.  Peddlers West was a bit damp but not rutting or sticking, but the trail is closed partway in, so just avoid it.  The rollers at Peddlers East are still damp at the bottom.  They're very rutted.  I stopped to flatten some of those ruts.   One was good, the other was too soft and sticking so I moved on.  1/4 was good, but it started sprinkling on my way out.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Shinerider said:

Deception is perfect. Ninja is perfect (and thanks to whoever is giving it a trim!), Mulligan is sloppy in the 3 main g-outs. Picnik is perfect as well.

Great, thanks for the report!

I rode Suburban Ninja last week and holy cow was it overgrown.  Glad to hear it's getting some trimming.  I didn't even want to ride it again after that experience...