IGNORED

Brushy Creek Trail Conditions

MrMentallo

Brushy is a swamp. Rode the hike and bike today just to get miles. Water is flowing down heavily from Rim. Brushy creek is over it's banks and almost up to the bridge by Mulligan. Didn't actually check any of the trails but have to assume with as hard as it rained yesterday it's gonna be at least three days of sun to get back to ridable conditions.

• Sad 1

I checked a couple of spots and it is still way too wet to ride. Standing water in some areas. A full day of sunshine tomorrow will help, but then it's supposed to rain again on Saturday. 

Sadly I saw a couple of guys loading up muddy bikes at Brushy Creek Lake Park. They acknowledged that the trails were very messy, and I kindly informed them that they should not ride in those conditions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm new to the area and have been riding Brushy for the past few weeks. I headed there a couple hours ago to check conditions and they are good on the West side. Starting from the YMCA parking lot, I rode the trail on the west side of 183 (not sure what its called), rim loop, double down, and 1/4 notch, in that order. There a few normal puddles in the low spots but those trails are good to go except for the very end of 1/4 notch on the east side. They are drying fast and its looking like a good evening to ride. 

I did not make it to picnic or peddlers to check conditions there but I imagine they are a mess since they are more dirt than rock.

Just got back from East Peddlers, Mulligan, Picnic and Rim Loop. For the most part conditions were great. Soft spots in usual places and I skipped a whole section of Mulligan but my bike ended up cleaner after tonight than when I started. Depending on how much rain materializes tomorrow GO GET SOME!

BTW, Little additions in East Peddlers are great! Might be the first flow in the state!

Edited by RedRider3141
Double Post

Finally got access. That was strange. Anyways. I have been busy with Honey Badger and honestly neglecting maintenance needs on Deception. I suppose if someone has a few pics of problem areas ... Or pins ...that would be great. The rock rubble in the problem area could be a solution but I would rather address the drainage issue first if even possible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just rode a good bit of 1/4 Notch and Picnic, since they’re good gauges for the other trails. Still soft and very slick. This than makes climbs on 1/4 Notch challenging and shitty. Will check again after the half I’m running. 

*UPDATE* Trails are in poor shape. 1/4 Notch and DD are dangerously slick in spots, Picnic is a swamp in places and will need repair, and Peddlers is still muddy. No bueno. RPR is a good riding option for this weekend. 

Edited by GreenMTBrider

11 hours ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Just rode a good bit of 1/4 Notch and Picnic, since they’re good gauges for the other trails. Still soft and very slick. This than makes climbs on 1/4 Notch challenging and shitty. Will check again after the half I’m running. 

*UPDATE* Trails are in poor shape. 1/4 Notch and DD are dangerously slick in spots, Picnic is a swamp in places and will need repair, and Peddlers is still muddy. No bueno. RPR is a good riding option for this weekend. 

There are climbs on 1/4 Notch?

I just rode Snail, the west end of Double Down, Picnic, and 1/4 Notch. Definitely soft and slick in some spots, but I think that is what we're going to be stuck with for a while. I crossed at least a half dozen spots that were muddy and rutted but the vast majority of the trails I rode were in great shape. Didn't ride Mulligan, Peddlers, or the Candyland trails.  

I was having a hard time with traction on the short little climbs on 1/4 Notch and some of the descents were sketchy with how slick things were. Granted, this was this morning and earlier this afternoon, so the sun surely has helped at this point. 

Were in the part of the drying timeline where trail conditions are subjective. Most people at this point should at least go out and enjoy a ride, use best judgement, and spin on pavement if necessary. 

Peddlers needs more time for sure, although I’m sure that didn’t stop people today. Mulligan has usually low spots. A number of these spots will need work. 

• Like 1