IGNORED

Brushy Creek Trail Conditions

MrMentallo

Rode Picnic and 1/4 notch yesterday afternoon. Picnic was pretty sloppy in areas 1/4 notch is about the same as has been, wet just before any feature that requires momentum and traction to clear. I think the ground is so saturated that the sun we're getting is wicking the moisture from underneath. The places in the shade were there is little bit of dirt are extremely sticky, enough to feel your bike slow down although no mud sticking to tires. Hopefully we get a little more drying I don't particularly like the trails when they're just slippery enough to make most features dangerous.

28 minutes ago, Albert said:

If anyone gets out there today, would love to know the conditions of the trails for a possible ride tomorrow. 

Thanks!

I'll be going out later and will post an update here as well as on the Brushy Creek Ride Call thread. Assuming the trails are OK, you're welcome to join us for the Fri morning ride. 

• Like 2

I'll be going out later and will post an update here as well as on the Brushy Creek Ride Call thread. Assuming the trails are OK, you're welcome to join us for the Fri morning ride. 

I’m going to be MIA starting tomorrow morning until next Wednesday. Throet, Redrider, or whoever would you guys be able to provide trail reports so I can keep the feed current? Definitely would be appreciated and I can get you a beer sometime. 

Trails are fine ...not great. Same mushy spots as few days ago. Few more slick spots but I was on trail this am before the sun got chance to dry stuff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Snail, Rim, and Deception (both 1/4 Notch and Double Down) were in great shape this afternoon. Picnic was a bit slick in a few spots, but really not too bad at all. Mulligan was a mess. I didn't even check Peddlers as I'm sure it needs another day or two to dry out. Best of all, with temps in the low 60s with low humidity, I rode an extra five miles over what I've been riding, and pushed it hard the whole way!  

• Like 1

Tried to ride 1/4 this morning.  It's too wet.  There was more than the usual mud holes and the rocks were very slick. The fog was condensing on any surface as late as 9:30am.  I turned back and rode the BCRT, and even that is slick.   I low-sided on the dam hairpins.  Mud wasn't sticking in the trail, but it was rutting in more than the usual spots.   The connector trail at the East start of 1/4 did stick to my tires on the way out (had the thin stuff that wasn't sticking and it just attracted that reddish/whitish stuff.)  I was told Picnic was also bad.  We didn't even try Peddlers.

What's sad is that we haven't had a drop of rain since Sun, and yet the trails seemed wetter yesterday and today than they were Mon evening. The dirt on Deception has been fine with the exception of the same few wet spots, but the limestone has been super slick. Might be better now, but with the lower morning temps and high dew point we've been experiencing, the rocks just seem to stay wet until very late in the day. At least after this next wave of rain, we're supposed to be left with cooler, dryer air. 

• Like 3

Double Down was fine yesterday afternoon and this morning. I was even able to traverse Snot Rock without putting a foot down today. No mud anywhere on DD really, but I can't attest for any of the other trails since I confined myself to DD. Came across a few other riders out there; so I'm assuming some of those ventured into other areas of Brushy.