IGNORED

Brushy Creek Trail Conditions

MrMentallo

My wife bought our puppy one of those kiddy pools and it's got 3-1/2 inches of water in it. It's on an open patio with no trees. It rained like a mofo at my house and I'm about a mile and a half due north of the trail. Gonna be a few days before GTG. Hopefully this cooler air sticks around for a while between it and some sun the trails should dry pretty quick provided we don't get any more rain.

Upper Picnic was near perfect this morning. Picnic X was a little damp but still in good riding shape. 1/4 notch was very slick compared to last night. Seems there was a heavy accumulation of dew on the rocks. Probably be better later after some more sunshine, assuming no more rain of course. Based on HB's report from yesterday, I'm assuming that Peddlers probably needs more time. I would guess the same for Double Down. I didn't bother to check Mulligan or Rim. 

I'm also out, I'm already committed to a morning ride at Walnut Creek.  But I really will ride with you guys at Brushy one of these days!  My geared bike is also in the shop again, and I probably won't have it until tomorrow afternoon.  So riding the SS tomorrow.  

..Al

31 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

Soggy out here with the ~0.5” of rain we had roll thru last night. Standing water and slick rocks/roots. I wouldn’t ride.

Weird. I'm just east of there and it's all dry at my house this morning. I hit mulligan, picnic and peddlers last night (finished around 9pm) and it was perfect. 

On 9/27/2018 at 6:12 PM, throet said:

I had posted in the Ride Call that I was but now I remember that I committed to a 9AM meeting. So I'm out unfortunately. Might try to get out around lunch time though. 

Ride was not as good as Thursday. Trails were fine but humidity/dew point had my tires wet the whole time making it fairly slippery.

19 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Weird. I'm just east of there and it's all dry at my house this morning. I hit mulligan, picnic and peddlers last night (finished around 9pm) and it was perfect. 

Hoping things dry out soon. I’m a few hundred feet from the 1/4 Notch entrance, checked both the rain gauge and trails within the past hour. 

36 minutes ago, GreenMTBrider said:

If you guys have reports from this afternoon let me know and I’ll update the feed. 

We just got hammered with a downpour and it's still raining. Radar shows most of North Austin and Cedar Park took the hit. There shouldn't be any riding at Brushy today. 

23 minutes ago, throet said:

We just got hammered with a downpour and it's still raining. Radar shows most of North Austin and Cedar Park took the hit. There shouldn't be any riding at Brushy today. 

I was out and peddlers east was good but west was not. Then the downpour started and followed me all the way home.

I’m really glad I skipped out of work early on Thursday to get a ride in since this is now the 4th weekend in a row when the trails are too wet. 

Snail and Picnic are in fine shape for riding but 1/4 Notch is still slick in some spots. Should be much better by late afternoon / evening. Didn't ride Double Down but believe it probably needs another day to dry out. I'm sure Peddlers needs more time and we didn't even bother going over there.   

• Like 1

Rode last night and conditions were almost perfect.  Some of the berms on Peddler's were damp at the bottom, but the berms themselves were great.  A few slick spots on Picnic, but tires were not leaving ruts and mud was not sticking to the tires.  Rode Deception from E to W, starting at the "new" entrance in the big field.  We rode to the bail-out and only encountered one or two spots (places that seem to stay damp) with any soft stuff at all.  Snail Trail was good to go.

• Like 1