IGNORED

Annual Suspension Service

On 5/28/2021 at 4:13 AM, throet said:

What's really sad is that my other bike also has a Fox Fork that needs service. It's an even older non-boost 2014 Evolution Series fork that's also been serviced locally over the years. Would it be worth taking it over to Cycle East for an inspection vs. having it sent to Fox?  

My old 2014 Evolution Series fork came back from Fox as unrepairable. Looks like I'll have to find a non-boost replacement. Seems there were some recommendations for cheapish replacements on another thread from last year, but is it still reasonable to purchase a non-boost fork? The other option would be to replace it with a boost fork and use one of those boost wheel adapters. Any thoughts? 

If the damn thing still moves up and down, I might just put it back on the bike and keep riding it. It's on my backup bike and I really don't want to spend a lot of money on it.   

11 minutes ago, throet said:

My old 2014 Evolution Series fork came back from Fox as unrepairable. Looks like I'll have to find a non-boost replacement. Seems there were some recommendations for cheapish replacements on another thread from last year, but is it still reasonable to purchase a non-boost fork? The other option would be to replace it with a boost fork and use one of those boost wheel adapters. Any thoughts? 

If the damn thing still moves up and down, I might just put it back on the bike and keep riding it. It's on my backup bike and I really don't want to spend a lot of money on it.   

Used pike would work fine. If you find one I have all the parts/tools needed for service.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mattlikesbikes said:

How much beer and cash do I need to bring over so we can service my 2014 Pike? I've got the fluids and upper/lower kit just not the gumption to tackle it. 

we can work something out. Is it charger or motion control? 

Disclaimer: I'm as far south austin as you can imagine

4 minutes ago, throet said:

Seems there were some recommendations for cheapish replacements on another thread from last year, but is it still reasonable to purchase a non-boost fork?

I recently upgraded my entry level 1 1/8 straight steerer, QR 10mm fork to a Manitou Markhor. It's available in a variety of configurations of wheel size, steerer and axle, usually for less than $300. I have the 27.5, straight steerer and 9mm QR. I have a few rides on it and it's simple but I'm happy with it. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, throet said:

Did they explain as to why it's unrepairable? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chief said:

Did they explain as to why it's unrepairable? 

I didn't ask but I will when I pick the bike up from the Trek Store. Fox completed an overhaul on the rear shock but couldn't do anything with the fork. Of course I'll be getting the story second-hand, but still good to know the reason.  

• Like 1