IGNORED

I'm pretty much a celebrity now

Had some youtubers swing through town.  They hit me up for a local ride.  I had about an hour and a half to show them a ride.  I probably should not have allowed certain trails to be filmed, but oh well.  I kind of got caught up in the moment to show them a fun ride.  

Edited by xl_cheese
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It’s hard to know how serious he was about how stoked he was. But I am glad that finally some of the bigger youtubers are getting a taste of BCGB instead of just hitting Spider MTN. But as we all know, Wes just dipped their toes in to the water here. I’d love to see a FollowCam Friday from BKXC hit some of the gnarlier sections of the Greenbelt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

I’d love to see a FollowCam Friday from BKXC hit some of the gnarlier sections of the Greenbelt.

FollowCam Friday is Nate Hills - not BKXC. I believe BKXC did do a couple of segments here in Austin - GB and Cat Mtn with Seth B.

Seems Nate hangs out almost exclusively out West - Rockies and beyond.   

You’re right, can’t keep my ‘tubers straight.

I just know Nate Hills has some serious technical chops and it would be cool to see him ride here. Although the stuff I would like to see him ride would be trails I wouldn’t exactly want to be publicized.

I think my favorite youtuber vid of Austin so far has been Jeff Kendall-Weed’s. I still want to see him hit the unmentionables and BCGB backcountry though.

Wes, use your new star power to get Nate over here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

It’s hard to know how serious he was about how stoked he was. 

Seemed genuinely pleasantly surprised I think.  This is why it's hard for me to think about moving elsewhere.  Not many cities with so many in-town places to ride.

• Like 3

Well, after all, the guy IS a blogger/YouTube dude. He assumes that people want to hear him blogging away. Personally I prefer to watch trail videos where the rider is commenting on things. WAY more so over listening to someone's choice of music. Even music I like I don't like hearing on videos. 

My video watching preference in order: 1) Rider commenting on stuff, 2) Just an open mic with no talking, 3) Music (that I can mute and watch in silence)

And next time I see Wes I will have him autograph my helmet. (Note to self; start carrying a sharpie in my camelback.)

• Like 3

On 5/21/2021 at 10:17 PM, circuitbreaker said:

Wait, Mo's not sold on tubeless? 

Probably more sold on getting sponsors, even if it is a ridiculously stupid product. 

I have an idea. How about a seatpost that is not a dropper, but if you pull out your phone and connect the app, it will tell your weight? Also, it breaks easily. 

Edited by notyal
words are hard sometimes
  • Haha 3

On 5/22/2021 at 1:35 PM, AntonioGG said:

image.thumb.png.562c2e258e144684892c16a5b1895601.png

Did some of this same stuff when I was demoing the Oiz for the first time in the BCGB in months. These steps caught me by surprise.  Thanks for showing us it's doable!

I don't even attempt to ride up that any more. maybe it's doable! my shoulder is still messed up front when I fell right there—standing still and the rock I was standing on rolled out from under me.

• Sad 1

On 5/27/2021 at 9:23 PM, Trailrider said:

This guy must be selling at retail plus 50% if this was filmed in April 2021 and he still has all those bikes!

THe bikes I have in stock now are because I placed orders last July...  😉  Many of the bikes on the rack are demo bikes.  I had been diligent about keeping orders in the queue so that I have bikes trickling in throughout this year.  

• Like 2