IGNORED

Everesting

TAF

Curious if anyone on here has 'everested'. Just read about a fellow who rode the Leadville course eight times in eight weeks - not a true Everest, but it piqued my curiosity.

"Everesting is the ultimate test of your climbing ability. It is a challenge that requires the rider to climb 8,848m (29,029 ft) in one ride, on a single hill."

Edited by TAF

I'm surprised its taken this long for the Everesting topic to come up.  Thats a big no thank you for me.  The first I'd heard of it was about 5 yrs ago when @rearviewmirror had mentioned that he'd done it in Australia. 

Anyone have their take on what would be a good hill for it?  I'd say Big View (or maybe low water up to Stiener climb?)

Covid really made this a thing with some of the bigger named riders.  Phil Gaimon has what I think is the best channel on it.

Later,
CJB

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CBaron said:

Anyone have their take on what would be a good hill for it?  I'd say Big View (or maybe low water up to Stiener climb?)

Ladera Norte? Or Yaupon and finish with a lap of Thumper?

1 hour ago, CBaron said:

I'd say Big View (or maybe low water up to Stiener climb?)

Someone did it on Big View, on the bottom section which is straight, steep and fast.  I'm too heavy to try it there.  I did 12k feet (83 miles) but almost going all the way to River Place.   I need a longer 6% max= average hill for it to work for me.

https://everesting.cc/hall-of-fame/#/hill/4260482871

Edited by AntonioGG

OH! 

So far as I can tell, you only have to CLIMB tbe same hill. What if you take various routes down?? More interesting right? 

83ish pedaled runs at Spider Mountain ought to do it. Maybe they'd hold it open for you? 

• Like 1

Reading THE RULES, it makes it clear that you can't find a stupid but interesting long hilly route. You have to ride the same stupid hill over and over. That's just...boring. 

I have a friend in S La that comes up with nutty mental challenges like the time he did a century riding just around his block. I’m sure he’d try this if there was any elevation there. It’d take 15000 mi there [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

I have a friend in S La that comes up with nutty mental challenges like the time he did a century riding just around his block. I’m sure he’d try this if there was any elevation there. It’d take 15000 mi there emoji1.png

I do mental challenges all the time. But doing the same thing over and over again is out of my league. I may do weird stuff, but it al least has to be vaguely interesting.

It's too bad you couldn't try that on the Hugel route, as some mentally deranged person would prolly attempt it. Doing it on the same hill would be just boring, although I gotta cycling buddy that did the Mesa climb nearly 90 times yrs ago. 

13 hours ago, TAF said:

Curious if anyone on here has 'everested'. Just read about a fellow who rode the Leadville course eight times in eight weeks - not a true Everest, but it piqued my curiosity.

"Everesting is the ultimate test of your climbing ability. It is a challenge that requires the rider to climb 8,848m (29,029 ft) in one ride, on a single hill."

Are you sure it didn't.... peak..... your curiousity?

I'll show myself out.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

I have a friend in S La that comes up with nutty mental challenges like the time he did a century riding just around his block. I’m sure he’d try this if there was any elevation there. It’d take 15000 mi there emoji1.png

I completed a number of the 100 mile of nowhere challenges- I rode the same 8.5 mile loop 12 times/ then in later years made it a 10 mile loop here in SR.  There were people who did it on a 400m track, on an aircraft carrier deck and so on.   Before he quit the effort (it raised money for cancer) I had planned out a 1.5 mile route by 3M that was then empty (now its full of homes) to avoid all the traffic.

Couldnt find the original info on it but here is the blogger who started it.

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2016/11/16/100-miles-of-nowhere-race-report-winner-of-the-mostly-true-division/

• Like 1