IGNORED

The gods demand a sacrifice

I doubt my POS is going to suffice, but it's worth a shot, right? It's decent but it's no Isaac.

Next topic: who is going to donate to my new bike fund after I throw my only mountain bike off the dam? Don't worry, I'll make a Kickstarter campaign.

Edited by mack_turtle

2 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

I doubt my POS is going to suffice, but it's worth a shot, right? It's decent but it's no Isaac.

Next topic: who is going to donate to my new bike fund after I throw my only mountain bike off the dam? Don't worry, I'll make a Kickstarter campaign.

If Seth jumps on board you will have a better free bike than when you started.

maaaaaaaan.... as a disclaimer - I dont blame GG build quality/integrity for this at all. firstly, this was a used 2016 frame when I got it, and since our day 1 together its been put through the wringer hardcore. numerous park trips, DH races, enduro races, whale tail over and over, blah blah blah... you get it.

but we had the massive group ride on Saturday, all went well, then yesterday another smaller group from San Antonio came back to cat mtn and I gave them the tour also. we sessioned most of the big stuff for a while.. one of the newer trails on the perimeter trail side has a series of lumber jumps that field goal you though trees, and the 2nd jump on the trail is a 10' gap onto a flat Lilly pad landing. I hit the second jump and kinda pancake flop landed flat with a hard bottom out on the Lilly pad and heard my tire hit my frame. I was thinking I had tacoed my rim but I looked down and the chainstay had snapped. 

so im sure this was a mix of metal fatigue over the last few years, my abuse, and the bottom out. the end. 

I sent GG an email and am waiting for their reply, but am very optimistic about it. 

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattlikesbikes said:

whats what happens when you ride a trail when it is wet. The gods break your bike.

At least it is an easy to replace part and not the main triangle. 

and as a matter of fact, cat mtn was absolutely PRIMO all weekend long! the tops of some of the rocks were kinda slippery but the dirt couldn't have been better. was a truly epic weekend

So I go and buy a new bike this spring, promptly shatter my radial head into about 5 pieces, miss the entire summer for riding, finally get cleared to ride in mid-Sept and then every single weekend...I got one good ride in, and on Saturday got to ride on pavement and gravel.  GRRRRRR.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:43 AM, Teamsloan said:

Waiting for the warranty replacement story...

You're giving Shinerider a run for his money in the number of frames broken.

well I got that story you wanted. 🙂

long story short, I thought I was gonna be SOL because they no longer keep replacement parts for the older original (version 1) frames. and we/they weren't really entertaining upgrading me to the V2 frame for free because I wasnt the original owner. but at the same time, I'm an ambassador for them and they wanted to take care of me so we were discussing options. but about an hour after we talked, they let me to let me know that they found the last V1 Megatrail triangle in existence there and are hooking me up with it! but its orange! haha! gonna be rocking a half raw/half orange Megatrail. STOKED! 

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 7.28.32 AM.png

• Like 2