IGNORED

Angel Fire 6/11-14

I just finished 9+ months of working 50 hours/week and completing the police academy at night/and Saturdays.  Passed my TCOLE exam yesterday!

I don't have a lot of time off currently or before I start with the PD, but I have these dates to possibly get up to AF and leisurely stroll down the mountain and drink cocktails in the evening.  Anyone want to share expenses (caveat: I have to know you and like you).  I'll ride every blue on the mountain, but don't want to get balled up and injured, so just purely a fresh air trip.....no PR's for me since I've not been riding AT ALL.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

Whoa! A Wookie sighting! Glad to hear you are alive and well. Congrats on the new gig!

Sounds great, but I just got back from Bentonville so I can't swing another bike trip for a while...

glad you had some fun.  you completely fit the bill as someone i know AND like!

I just finished 9+ months of working 50 hours/week and completing the police academy at night/and Saturdays.  Passed my TCOLE exam yesterday!
I don't have a lot of time off currently or before I start with the PD, but I have these dates to possibly get up to AF and leisurely stroll down the mountain and drink cocktails in the evening.  Anyone want to share expenses (caveat: I have to know you and like you).  I'll ride every blue on the mountain, but don't want to get balled up and injured, so just purely a fresh air trip.....no PR's for me since I've not been riding AT ALL.

Congrats Leif! Super excited to see you owning your future like this. Gigantor not going to shred with you? Cullen and I are taking about a Father’s Day trip so we’re just missing you by a couple of weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, Tree Magnet said:

Congrats Leif! Super excited to see you owning your future like this. Gigantor not going to shred with you? Cullen and I are taking about a Father’s Day trip so we’re just missing you by a couple of weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giggy has work obligations. Anyone else going to be up there this weekend?

Turns out I actually know a guy who is going to be up there this weekend. He's not on this forum, but his name is Jacob. I would imagine his approach will be pretty similar to what you described above. He's been going to Spider with us, but isn't exactly "sending it" as the kids say...

I can put you in touch if you want.

1 hour ago, olddbrider said:

Turns out I actually know a guy who is going to be up there this weekend. He's not on this forum, but his name is Jacob. I would imagine his approach will be pretty similar to what you described above. He's been going to Spider with us, but isn't exactly "sending it" as the kids say...

I can put you in touch if you want.

Well shit, now I’m thinking about staying here and trying Spider Mountain. Never been. 

Been to both and each has something unique to offer. AF will have the big mountain experience with a lot of variety to choose from. Weather will obviously be better. Red river and Taos are (were) cool towns to hang out in. Spider is limited to 300ft but well thought out, and a good place to get lots of runs in to practice and improve your skillset. Short drive home is nice too.

Can also say Sunrise in AZ is no joke. I ate my words and fair share of dirt too.

Edited by ATXZJ

33 minutes ago, TheX said:

I don't know how much time I have left to travel and ride, so I have to get off my ass and just do it. This is a definitely *must do*.

I'm down for a spider trip in 4-5 months when it's less miserable.