IGNORED

Tour das Hugel

AntonioGG

21 minutes ago, CBaron said:

I MUCH prefer that then the crazy bike lane furniture that we go on Duval (& other roads) that just pisses everyone off re:bicycles.

The one that runners use and force cyclists onto the road anyway?

What if we just mowed a path on the side that's still on the ROW?  There would be spots where we'd have to get on the road but at least mostly we'd be safer.  There's that good trail stretch after the horse farm....it just needs some maintenance.  I think of it like the dirt path on Jollyville that existed for years before they built the sidewalks.  That's just from pedestrians using it.  People walk on OSS and I think that's so dangerous.

Not sure, but I was referring to all the pilings, markings and road bumps that where installed.  IMHO, I think its a bit overkill and prolly just pisses people off (at us cyclists even more).  Additionally, as the debris accumulates in this bike lane area, I don't know how it could be street-swept or cleaned up?

My comments about more infrastructure along OSS & CP Rd was more wishing for legit shoulder addition or a concrete (or granite) bike path.  None of that is cheap, but I sure think it would get well used along those areas considering the amount of population growth that we've had all around there.

Cheers,
CJB