IGNORED

Chief

Anybody know how to stop this. I get this every time I try to upload a picture. And by stop it I don't mean using a third party website. Third party site is a huge pain in the ass. It has to be something with this website because I don't get it anywhere else. It's F@%king annoying. I'd like to upload pics but don't because of this.

• Like 1

This was a test to prove to myself that the same workaround works.  I don't know what it is about the raw picture from the iPhone camera but I get the same -200 screen.

All I do is edit the picture in the slightest and it works.  For this picture I did a very slight--pretty much imperceptible--crop.

46D8DDF2-4D4D-495A-A995-39C245F7F659.jpeg

Edited by AntonioGG
  • Thanks 1

Are you using a browser on your phone to access the forum? Try using the Tapatalk app. If you upload the image from your phone through the app, it works. I get the -200 error when I try to upload from my photo album on the computer.

-200 may be a file size issue. I also upload from Chrome whether the telephony or PC version--I just don't enjoy Tapatalk. I've found that in either case, if I upload any image it works 0% of the time. But if I uploaId a cropped screenshot of the image, instead of the image, then it works 100% of the time. And so far as I can tell, the image quality is fine for our use. 

• Like 2

My theory is that it has to do with the "live photo" or whatever its called. One small edit makes it a static image. Using the app or an external file host or even dragging to the desktop changes the file type. I'd be interested if anyone has this problem with a non-Apple device. 

• Like 1

At various times I'm using Chrome in a Windows, Android and unfortunately occasionally an Iphone environment (stupid work phone). Same issues on all platforms.  I occasionally take motion style photos, but generally they're static images. I went to looked at some of them, and the original images are in the 10+MP range. The screenshot versions are in the sub 1MP range. That's why I think it's a size thing. 

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

At various times I'm using Chrome in a Windows, Android and unfortunately occasionally an Iphone environment (stupid work phone). Same issues on all platforms.  I occasionally take motion style photos, but generally they're static images. I went to looked at some of them, and the original images are in the 10+MP range. The screenshot versions are in the sub 1MP range. That's why I think it's a size thing. 

The picture I posted above is 12.1MP and the raw picture is 12.1MP.  I am sure it's not a size issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had the same problem for a long time when trying to post from my Android. Actually, I don't typically access the forum on my phone, so when I have tried to upload pics it's from my PC, not my phone. However I still get the -200 error almost all the time. I'll try the tip mentioned above and see if it works.

• Like 1

I did an airdrop to my macbook of both the raw and the modified pictures to figure out what's going on.  

Unmodified the file extension is HEIC while modified the file extension is heic.  I think that's got to be the issue. Let's see what happens.... 

It doesn't recognize it as a picture. 

IMG_1226.HEIC

Same pic just changing the extension:

(this was all from laptop so it behaves completely different)

IMG_1226.heic

Edited by AntonioGG