IGNORED

Spider Mountain question

Haven’t been on the bike since last summer. My Banshee is park-worthy and has AF, Vail, WP, 512 trips/trails under its belt. It’s currently getting fresh sealant and a brake bleed. Bike is no issue. 

I’m physically in better shape than I was 1, 2, or 10 years ago, but my ass hasn’t touched saddle in a while. I can handle a bike and I shred so hard that my nickname is Coleslaw. 

How does Spider compare to AF? In this heat, how trashed am I going to be after getting rad?

• Like 1

Ok! Major plan change. Just spoke with Cullen and we are riding SM when they open Saturday. He’s good for half a day and lunch/beverages. I may/may not go back for more after lunch. Might go back to PB and jump in the lake a grill a steak at the compound. Anyone want some of that????? 

You're going to love it more than you expect  And the Spitfire is good for it. Not ridden a bike in a while?  Only the Green trail will tax you. You will not get saddle sores on the lift. 

How does it compare to AF? You know the first time you rode the chair up AF? And you think you're near the top? But then you notice that last final steep push up? 

This thing? 

Screenshot_20210609-221459_Photos.thumb.jpg.d721a91e9c87c2e282b56cdda6e046e5.jpg

That's more than 2× taller than Spider Mountain. 

• Like 1

I think you've got the right plan. We typically try to get there early, but it's often 10 or 10:30 before we're on the lift. Sometimes people will ding Spider for how short the runs are, but in a way I think that's a plus - especially when it gets hot. The runs are just long enough to have a great time but not feel like you need to take a 30 minute break at the bottom. I'll be there Saturday too - hoping to get an earlier start and be on the lift by 9:30ish. I would say that I'll wear my TMW jersey, but I think if I tried to cram myself into that thing I'd pull a muscle and then probably couldn't breathe. Damn thing must have shrunk over the years...

• Haha 1