IGNORED

Really????

TheX

1 hour ago, mack_turtle said:

Doesn't this basically happen every fall? Are we not used to it by now?

I’ve only been here 7 falls, but I can’t remember any being this bad! I’ve also had a lot of concussions from mountain biking so you can’t trust my memory!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Browndog said:

And Reveille is closed for an event on Saturday. Anyone know if they’re open on Monday? It seems like I’ve ridden there on the Monday Veterans Day holiday before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are opening at 3:00 on Saturday till sunset on Monday for riding.

So go get you some.  Trails were in great shape last weekend!

• Like 2

I literally cannot remember the last time I rode here. Maaaybe once since I rode at Davis Mountains State Park early September. This weather is not helping the growing apathy. I’m guessing next time out I will be in laughably poor condition. 

My disc golf game is really improving, though! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Damn this is getting ridiculous!!  I imagine that the online retailers have some metrics that show increased bike part purchases in areas where the weather is crappy.  "If I can't ride my bike, I'll just buy something to put on it."  I best the Austin area is showing up a big spike in their sales numbers.  I'm so sick of this...ugh.

7 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Damn this is getting ridiculous!!  I imagine that the online retailers have some metrics that show increased bike part purchases in areas where the weather is crappy.  "If I can't ride my bike, I'll just buy something to put on it."  I best the Austin area is showing up a big spike in their sales numbers.  I'm so sick of this...ugh.

This line of thought has hatched an idea based upon the contrary nature of our friend (fiend?), Murphy. Think about it, buy a bike, it rains. Go to fly a kite the wind dies down. However, if you bring a Frisbee, with the kite you can play until the wind picks up and then the kite can be flown. Create the contrary conundrum cancellation condition (CCCC) and it guides Murphy, to some extent.

The first idea to mind was for each of us to set a bucket outside with the heartfelt expectation of it being filled by rain for some purpose important to us. As a passing thought that initially seemed it might work, but then I realized that Murphy would only breed mosquitoes in it.

What has to happen is for someone to install an elaborate and expensive Rainwater Collection System.

• Like 4