IGNORED

Really????

TheX

2 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

This line of thought has hatched an idea based upon the contrary nature of our friend (fiend?), Murphy. Think about it, buy a bike, it rains. Go to fly a kite the wind dies down. However, if you bring a Frisbee, with the kite you can play until the wind picks up and then the kite can be flown. Create the contrary conundrum cancellation condition (CCCC) and it guides Murphy, to some extent.

The first idea to mind was for each of us to set a bucket outside with the heartfelt expectation of it being filled by rain for some purpose important to us. As a passing thought that initially seemed it might work, but then I realized that Murphy would only breed mosquitoes in it.

What has to happen is for someone to install an elaborate and expensive Rainwater Collection System.

So a fish tank. I have one for sale if anyone is interested.

• Haha 2

This is getting ridiculous. To be able to ride dirt you have to be at your doorstep in a sprinter's position. Listen to the weatherman, check your rain gauge, look at social media to hear the chatter, and then...maybe...hopefully...there's a small window of opportunity and...GO GO GO. Ride NOW! And then...it rains again. FRRRRUUUCKKKK!

That is exactly how yesterday was.

• Like 1

Damn this is getting ridiculous!!  I imagine that the online retailers have some metrics that show increased bike part purchases in areas where the weather is crappy.  "If I can't ride my bike, I'll just buy something to put on it."  I best the Austin area is showing up a big spike in their sales numbers.  I'm so sick of this...ugh.

I just ordered a damn front fender. Reveille Peak seems to be the only place I ride now and I get water and mud shot onto my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I built a new bike in mid august and last weekend was the first time it saw dirt. I was amped for the cooler weather to come but wasn't prepared for all of the rain. Dont get me wrong, im glad we have it and the lakes are full but cabin fever has definitely set in. 

Ive actually resigned myself to selling some bikes and putting money away.

4 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

This line of thought has hatched an idea based upon the contrary nature of our friend (fiend?), Murphy. Think about it, buy a bike, it rains. Go to fly a kite the wind dies down. However, if you bring a Frisbee, with the kite you can play until the wind picks up and then the kite can be flown. Create the contrary conundrum cancellation condition (CCCC) and it guides Murphy, to some extent.

The first idea to mind was for each of us to set a bucket outside with the heartfelt expectation of it being filled by rain for some purpose important to us. As a passing thought that initially seemed it might work, but then I realized that Murphy would only breed mosquitoes in it.

What has to happen is for someone to install an elaborate and expensive Rainwater Collection System.

Actually, let's plant a crop!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheSarge said:

I've wanted to try kitesurfing for years!  How do I get started?

corpus is one of the best places to learn in the country. Best time is in the spring when the wind is constant every single day. Once you get good you can kite on lake travis, granger, pflugerville, belton, buchanan etc

you can bring a bike in case you get skunked and go ride nearby trails.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

I built a new bike in mid august and last weekend was the first time it saw dirt. I was amped for the cooler weather to come but wasn't prepared for all of the rain. Dont get me wrong, im glad we have it and the lakes are full but cabin fever has definitely set in. 

Ive actually resigned myself to selling some bikes and putting money away.

Yep, I build up a new bike in August too.  It's seen the trail twice.  I really wanted to get more tuning in before LGT next weekend but guess we'll see how it goes!