IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

I usually ride them west to east.  I generally start my ride with Gumdrop, then do Snow White clockwise, then ride up to Gnargasm.  At the end of Gnargasm I take the upper connector trail to Snow White and ride that portion of it counter-clockwise, take the bridge across the creek at the exit, and take a left onto the singletrack immediately after the bridge that runs along the creek and exits across from the play area at Champion Park.  I then proceed over the dam and continue over to Peddler's Pass.   

I haven't ridden Caddyshack in a while now, since I don't really like going down the sketchy rock to the wooden exit on Gnargasm.  And the exit onto the golf property where you can then go down by the bridge to reach the Caddyshack entrance seems like just asking for trouble if golfers complain about seeing mountain bikers.  

There is a new line at gnargasm exit that drops you in the middle of the creek bed. it's pretty rowdy but should bring you very close to the caddyshack entrance. 

On 2/16/2019 at 11:21 PM, First-Blood said:

Sweet cal topo layout. Always considered doing this. Good job. I might clean it up a bit and use this in future for people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I put that together, glad it's helpful! First-Blood, let me know if you'd like the data, and I'll send it your way or give you edit access to the map.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, First-Blood said:

Fyi. It's not an APP (yet) it is web based but it is a very powerful mapping tool available for free or premium service for a fee

There's a beta version of the Android app out there now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.caltopo.android&hl=en

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 8:19 AM, First-Blood said:

It's already available bro. Just gotta export the gpx to your cute little laptop and add EVERY feature name you came up with like... twink city

I started making a photo map of some of the features out there, and I'd be up for adding more if someone wants to give me the tour sometime.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nuDfPC-N8k8VoMdUhy74_GDUgUo&usp=sharing

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

That's awesome thanks!  I was a bit confused trying to figure out which trails to grab on Snow White but now I know.

The only question is, which direction is most common for Gnargasm and Snow White?  I've been riding them ccw.  Given the feature at the connection between Gnargasm returns and Snow White, I'm thinking that's the "correct" direction.  I've never ridden Caddyshack.  I was wondering if what I was seeing from the BCRT was a trail.  Now I know.

Also, it was my first time riding Brushy Creek in weeks, and my first time riding Peddler's in months.  That new section is awesome.  Thanks to Ronan and all who contributed.  My 12yo loved it even though on his first time yesterday he either cleared everything on 1/4 E2W the first time or on the 2nd try.

I always ride Gnargasm CCW (E-W) and loop back into Snow White for the return. Looks like I'm missing a small piece of Snow White by always riding it that way. Sometimes I interrupt the loop to go down the wooden feature and out-and-back on Caddyshack. Either before or after completing the Gnargasm-Snow White loop, I go out-and-back on Gumdrop. Most of my Brushy rides are confined to everything west of the Sport Park, but when I take the time to hit Peddlers I'll often make the extra trek eastward to hit the Candyland trails.

Speaking of not riding for weeks, I'm sore as hell from just riding a couple of hours each on Sat and Sun. Thinking about sneaking out for a recovery ride at lunch time to make the pain go away (and before more rain rolls in)!  

2 hours ago, schoolie said:

I started making a photo map of some of the features out there, and I'd be up for adding more if someone wants to give me the tour sometime.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nuDfPC-N8k8VoMdUhy74_GDUgUo&usp=sharing

Cool. 

Double Down East to West pics:

1. Yes, Ray's Collarbone

2. I can't click on it to isolate the pic, too close to the other 2

3. The Cradle

4. Satellite

5. Yes, The Grotto

6. Yes, TorD

7. Yes, The Wall

8. Swashbuckler

9. No name little ledge on a 90 within the UFL (Upper Fence Line).

2 hours ago, rugger said:

Cool. 

Double Down East to West pics:

Thanks! I updated a few.

2 hours ago, rugger said:

9. No name little ledge on a 90 within the UFL (Upper Fence Line).

Holy crap, I found a rock that wasn't named, didn't know those existed, lol.

If you ever feel like taking a hike or a ride sometime, I'd love to get pics and names of everything else!

Holy crap, I found a rock that wasn't named, didn't know those existed, lol.

If you ever feel like taking a hike or a ride sometime, I'd love to get pics and names of everything else!

Don’t forget to ask him for a map and he has to name everything, then argue with him over and over
He loves that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trails were in awesome condition the past three days, and it was a blast to ride all of them again.  Thank you to the person that spent time working on 1/4 notch and the problem areas, it was a pleasant surprise to not have to hike a bike through those sections that had been abused. 

Thank you specifically to @Cafeend since I came across him at the end of his endeavor to repair sections on picnic and picnic x.  Sadly I caught him at the end of his 4 hour endeavor and only helped with the last section that needed to be repaired.....he did some great work to many sections by himself.

I’m so greatful to have this community of riders and builders that have created and maintained such a wonderful trail system. 

I hope the upcoming rain keeps people off the trails, and the repaired sections, to show appreciation of the hard work. 

- Scott

• Like 2

Trails were in awesome condition the past three days, and it was a blast to ride all of them again.  Thank you to the person that spent time working on 1/4 notch and the problem areas, it was a pleasant surprise to not have to hike a bike through those sections that had been abused. 

Thank you specifically to [mention=46]Cafeend[/mention] since I came across him at the end of his endeavor to repair sections on picnic and picnic x.  Sadly I caught him at the end of his 4 hour endeavor and only helped with the last section that needed to be repaired.....he did some great work to many sections by himself.

I’m so greatful to have this community of riders and builders that have created and maintained such a wonderful trail system. 

I hope the upcoming rain keeps people off the trails, and the repaired sections, to show appreciation of the hard work. 

- Scott

I rarely get out there these days. But I did today. Saw some of the repair work. To whomever it is thanks for taking up the torch. One day maybe I can contribute again

• Like 2

Thank you specifically to [mention=46]Cafeend[/mention] since I came across him at the end of his endeavor to repair sections on picnic and picnic x.  Sadly I caught him at the end of his 4 hour endeavor and only helped with the last section that needed to be repaired.....he did some great work to many sections by himself.
- Scott
Thanks much. Good to meet you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

- Scott

Btw, lets do that night ride
It is pretty cool at night there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

I wonder if they blocked it off in any way. Sunday when I rode past it (before concrete was poured) there were no barriers, cones, tape or anything to warn people not to proceed up that path.  

They didn't block it off. I'm going to email the city and tell them to block of the next section when they pour it cause people are still riding across the construction area.

Yeah. I can see both sides but ultimately the city should know and care that people are fucking stupid and inconsiderate. If you’re building directly THROUGH a sanctioned, heavy use existing trail...then how about some cones, tape, something. 

I mean, when we unpaid workers built trail...and when others still do...valiant efforts are made to TRY to prevent use before it’s ready. I guess the difference is we build/built out of pure passion and they are doing it because it’s their job, and heaven forbid anyone in government actually care about that until there’s an impending shutdown of some kind. 

/poorly informed rant