IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

38 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

They didn't block it off. I'm going to email the city and tell them to block of the next section when they pour it cause people are still riding across the construction area.

I'm not defending the idiots that rode and walked on the concrete, but I'm really surprised they didn't at least put some barrier up.  I wonder if they will fix it or leave it as a monument to stupidity set it stone. 

I rode past some newly poured concrete that was part of the Violet Crown Trail a couple of days ago. The city had a guy sitting in a truck guarding it until it was dry enough to not screw up. Not exactly watching paint dry but a hell of a job to have anyway. But at least the powers that be realized the level of stupid out there and tried to prevent harm to the new concrete.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

Maybe we should just consider it "performance art" in a Keep Austin Weird kinda way.

It qualifies as art more than some of the other stuff I've seen in recent years (coming for someone with an art degree)... and it makes more sense than the stupid fake animal prints and fossils... Yea... leave it.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

It qualifies as art more than some of the other stuff I've seen in recent years (coming for someone with an art degree)... and it makes more sense than the stupid fake animal prints and fossils... Yea... leave it.

Well it needs a name then...

-Concrete Feet

-Dumbass Way

-Seriously, dumbasses?

-Prickface Path

-Mouthbreather Lane

???

• Like 1

On the concrete path between the train bridge and the Y, there are multiple places where they added wildlife footprints in the cement.  I originally saw those and thought - poor little animals getting all covered in wet cement.  I think this is kind of the same thing.

And actually, I feel a need to defend the offenders in this case.  If there was no barrier or marking that the cement was wet, I can totally see myself riding along and thinking "Oh cool, the new sidewalk is done, let's see where it goes" and if the cement was mostly solid, riding along for a bit before noticing I was leaving tracks.  If you're more observant than that, then kudos to you - but I suspect most of us are going around mostly brain dead.

On Sat access to there from Peddlers was blocked by limbs/branches, and there were little tubular/hay barriers set up along the outside of the trail.  

No big bright orange barricades or anything.  

But when I see concrete with the forms still around it, my assumption is it is wet.  

I know, we are the exception.  

7 minutes ago, biga9999 said:

On Sat access to there from Peddlers was blocked by limbs/branches, and there were little tubular/hay barriers set up along the outside of the trail.  

No big bright orange barricades or anything.  

On Sunday afternoon it was the same story.   We picked our bikes up  walked and over the forms and there was no concrete.  You could tell people have been riding over the branches, and likely over the barriers too.  I bet that concrete was firm to the touch, but not once you put full weight on it.  

Edited by AntonioGG
last sentence was out of order so I swapped with the next sentence.
  • Like 1

First I'm like: Cyclists are smarter than joggers because the idiot on foot TURNED LEFT instead of jumping off to the right.

But then I'm like: It took TWO cyclists this FAR to realize wet concrete....... so I'm not so sure now.

Finally like : What brain dead city workers wouldn't block the path after paving it?

Definitely kids, IMO.

28 minutes ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

I rode snail, west picnic, double down and the connector to rim trail. They were all perfect. Gotta assume everything else is good but I will let others chime in. 

Those trails are decent indicators for most others, but the west of Parmer side of Peddlers Pass tends to need more time than those listed.