IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

We have a pothole in my neighborhood near the trails that I use as a handy rain gauge/trail condition indicator.  Judging by the amount of water in the pothole, I thought the trails might be OK yesterday.  I rode Double Down and counted only three small puddles that were easily avoidable without going outside of the defined trail.  I am often surprised by how dry Double Down is even after a day of rain like we had on Tuesday.  I am obviously not advocating riding wet trails, but I generally find that Double Down is good to go sooner than one might expect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jcarneytx said:

Maybe not related, but close enough. Anyone doing trailwork next to redhorn? That chainsaw is kind of annoying, can you do it later? Saw a guy cutting close to ground at various spots. I believe this trail is called Suburban Ninja( great beer, btw).

dang man. do you live in the apartments right there or something? i know the trail work has been happening in the morning before work  but sometimes it has to get done whenever it can get done.

22 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Go ride now, it's hero dirt.

I got rid of the "jump" after the rollers. The berms are now bigger with a larger radius, it's a lot faster. You can now carry all your speed through these berms. It flows so much better.

Jump gone.jpg

its better now. rode it yesterday. the new part east of parmer is good too

9 minutes ago, jcarneytx said:

Maybe not related, but close enough. Anyone doing trailwork next to redhorn? That chainsaw is kind of annoying, can you do it later? Saw a guy cutting close to ground at various spots. I believe this trail is called Suburban Ninja( great beer, btw).

I think that's all being done by the Peddler Bike shop? They've been posting progress pictures on Instagam.

1 hour ago, tatternutz said:

Found a pair of sunglasses while picking up trash on Peddlers today. Message me with description if you want them back otherwise they are going on Craigslist for $5.

be8541bbb95c51c36334d2092bb8c6c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for picking up the trash. There's been a bunch of it blowing in from the new neighborhood their building across Parmer.

2 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

If it was right behind Red Horn around lunchtime today, that was me. I was helping on the craziness back there.

1 minute ago, Morealice said:

Y’all are making me actually wanna ride up there and check all that out! Sounds like it’s becoming worth it for sure. 

Yeah, I haven't seen that trail at all.  Next time I ride Brushy Creek I intend on checking it out. 

..Al

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yeah, I haven't seen that trail at all.  Next time I ride Brushy Creek I intend on checking it out. 

..Al

It's really cool.  You gotta hit it soon.  I know I missed some of it when I rode it last weekend, but what I hit was fun, and there are some features back there.  I want to go with some trashbags though to pick up all the fast food trash right behind the shops though.

2 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

It's really cool.  You gotta hit it soon.  I know I missed some of it when I rode it last weekend, but what I hit was fun, and there are some features back there.  I want to go with some trashbags though to pick up all the fast food trash right behind the shops though.

Firestone seems to be leaving shit there as well. Saw a tire back in the shrubs (walked to check for creek; heard running water there somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Morealice said:

Y’all are making me actually wanna ride up there and check all that out! Sounds like it’s becoming worth it for sure. 

There's some stuff in the works for Brushy that will blow everyone's mind. Can't reveal it just yet...but I soooo want too. It will be a first in Texas.

• Like 4

Go ride now, it's hero dirt.

I got rid of the "jump" after the rollers. The berms are now bigger with a larger radius, it's a lot faster. You can now carry all your speed through these berms. It flows so much better.
465788720_Jumpgone.thumb.jpg.b3b5f15e80fae919d3693ec146823227.jpg

Man I was worried about this since I finally figured out the lines and where to be for that jump
I agree it was awkward but figured it out
Today I had an hour to kill and some loops
Gotta say Honeybadger, it flows beautifully now
Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1